SAP Tech Bytes: Enable the consumption of SAP S/4HANA Cloud events in SAP BTP
In this blog post I share a short video I created to demonstrate how you can enable eventing between SAP S/4HANA Cloud and your SAP BTP account. We will configure and trigger events from SAP S/4HANA which will then be received by SAP Event Mesh.
In the past, other community members have shared how to enable eventing with SAP S/4HANA Cloud to communicate with other SAP cloud applications. For example, Business Events with SAP Build Process Automation by Darshika Jain and Enable events from S/4HANA cloud to Event Mesh by Dharam Verma. That said, there’s lots of steps involved, lots of documentation to be familiar with and sometimes it might be best to process all that information in video format 📺.
Therefore, I created a short SAP Tech Bytes to show step by step how to enable eventing bettween SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP BTP. For this, we leverage SAP Event Mesh and we will configure a couple of outbound topics in SAP S/4HANA Cloud and see the messages flowing to SAP Event Mesh.
Steps shown in the video:
- Register an SAP S/4HANA Cloud System in a Global Account in SAP BTP
- Configure the Entitlements for the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility Service
- Create an SAP S/4HANA Extensibility Service Instance in the Cloud Foundry Environment
- Configure Event Topics in SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Check Event topics in SAP Event Mesh
- Create an SAP Event Mesh service Instance in the Cloud Foundry Environment
- Create Queues and Subscribe to Them
- Create and update Business Partner object in SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Check the events in in SAP Event Mesh the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Event Monitor
UPDATE: An additional SAP Tech Bytes is now available… where we will forward these messages to an SAP cloud application (SAP Build Process Automation) by leveraging the webhook mechanism available in SAP Event Mesh.