SAP Commerce Cloud Q3 ’23 Release Highlights
As you may have heard, SAP was once again named a Leader in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce. Our unwavering dedication remains to deliver SAP Commerce Cloud as a cutting-edge composable commerce platform in the cloud.
Continuing on the Intelligent CX themes we introduced in Q2 2023, we have many exciting updates in each category for Q3 2023. With new integrations to Customer Data Platform and CPQ, along with new SAP Order Management services, to name a few, we continue to help you drive profitable growth by connecting commerce business processes.
Also, learn more about the rest of the SAP Customer Experience portfolio by registering for CX Live here.
Gain More Speed and Agility with Composable Storefront Capabilities
SAP Commerce Cloud, Composable Storefront is now receiving monthly updates. For Q3 2023, we’ve added improvements to B2C and B2B use cases, as well as more capabilities to assist customer service agents
- SAP Customer Data Cloud Integration: Consents in B2C use cases, requests of re-consents, if needed, based on business rules in SAP Customer Data Cloud. You can now register new organizations for B2B users in the native composable storefront UI.
- Allow B2B Buyers to “Request a Delivery Date” during the checkout process and enable them to view the same order confirmation and order details page.
- The Assisted Service Module now supports sending and resolving deep links, which allow Customer Service Agents to start emulation instantly.
Optimize Order Sourcing and Fulfillment with a Composable Solution
In Q2 2023, we enhanced the solutions in our composable order management services portfolio, including Order Management Foundation (OMF) and Order Management Sourcing and Availability (OMSA), for outcome-based sourcing strategies with omni-channel inventory visibility.
Now we are giving users even more control, such as a workflow automation tool for custom activities, a simulation process to test sourcing strategies before production, and also the option of whether to allow sourcing to return results for missing products and partial quantities.
Order Management Foundation (OMF):
OMF supports managed business events, known as order activities, that allow you to leverage existing order activities or create custom order activities to describe events unique to your business process, and orchestrate orders across your omnichannel order capture and fulfillment channels. OMF is now able to react to those updates in customer-defined ways with our drag-and-drop workflow automation tool.
Order Management Sourcing and Availability (OMSA):
- Simulations gives business users a way to test sourcing strategies before selecting an optimal one. This allows users to understand how the sourcing algorithm works and confirm whether the chosen business constraints yield the expected results.
- Cost to pick and pack to sourcing configuration has been added as a new goal option. Remember that sourcing strategies are KPI driven and use a weighted set of business goals to derive the optimal sourcing sites for an order.
- Ability to choose whether to allow sourcing to return results for missing products and partial quantities. This means you can choose whether to allow an order or order line that cannot be shipped in full to be partially sourced or not sourced at all.
Transform Faster with Industry-Specific Capabilities
In Q3 2023 we enhanced both the Financial Services Accelerator and Telco and Utilities Accelerator with new features to enhance the user experience.
Financial Services Accelerator
- Complex policy changes are now better handled with the ability to submit a structured request, resulting in a ticket for further processing by a customer support agent.
- Using Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) metrics, customers can make informed decisions about their investments with regards to ESG compliance of insurance and banking products.
- Product configuration improvements in one central, single point of product configuration, providing consistency across the storefront and forms.
Telco and Utilities Accelerator
- Customers have more payment option flexibility and can now indicate they would like to pay for an order using direct debit for post-pay payments.
- Customers can now be provided with relevant product recommendations based on their current active subscriptions when going through a retention or contract change journey.
- Information about a customer bill, its history, preferred means of delivery and billing cycle details is now available for display and management.
- Product configuration improvements for creating and managing qualified steps (i.e., serviceability check, entry of an installation address) that a customer must complete before successfully placing an order.
New Integrations to Customer Data Platform and CPQ
Drive Better Purchasing Experience and Engagement
Elevate customer engagement with Customer Data Integrations
Commerce can now support injecting B2C customers to CDP systems to create a profile, as well as orders to create an activity. This can enable a 360-degree customer overview, giving you insights for advanced personalization and increasing conversion and retention.
Decrease the load on customer service and sales teams on company onboarding
B2B storefront users in SAP Composable Storefront can register a new organization based on SAP Customer Data Cloud’s capabilities for Customer Identity and Access Management for B2B. This provides self-service support for the registration of organizations use cases, where identities are managed by SAP Customer Data Cloud.
Support compliance with relevant legal requirements surrounding data privacy
Composable Storefront users can give or withdraw consents in both B2B and B2C use cases, where consents are managed by SAP Customer Data Cloud’s capabilities for Enterprise Consent and Preference Management, to support compliance with relevant legal requirements surrounding data privacy.
Provide consistent promotional pricing across all your sales and engagement channels
Ingest segments from campaign URLs to support personalized promotions and content for B2C customers. Consistent promotional pricing builds brand loyalty and increases self-service channel execution.
Drive conversion with configurable products from CPQ Integration
Ensure, that an existing configuration is always validated against the latest version of the configuration rule set (knowledge base), when a Storefront user activates or works on a saved cart, thus avoiding broken experience when working on a saved cart or during checkout.
Provide Real-time Personalization, Recommendations and Merchandising
The Intelligent Selling Services (ISS) is now available as an add-on module, enhancing SAP Commerce Cloud with powerful machine learning and AI capabilities, and providing real-time personalization and merchandising to adapt to changing customer behavior. ISS can generate various product carousels (Trending, Related, Recent, Complementary, Search-based, and Replenishment), which can be placed at different stages of the purchase flow, to make it easy for shoppers to discover new products and raise average order value.
ISS enables users to:
- Harness real-time shopper activities to deliver on each customer’s wants and needs throughout the online buying journey.
- Deliver a compelling, relevant storefront experience with one-to-one recommendations and real-time merchandising.
- Use machine learning to automatically maximize conversions with behavior-based recommendations.
Composability and a Vast Partner Ecosystem Empower You to Build to Your Unique Requirements and Move Fast
We are excited to announce new partnerships and pre-packaged SAP services! These recent additions to the SAP Store bring innovation and cutting-edge solutions to our ecosystem, enhancing your digital experiences.
- Uniform is a digital experience composition (DXC) platform that empowers digital teams to blend content, data and technology from any source to deliver winning shopping experiences. Empowering marketers, merchandisers and developers to work better together.
Activate and Optimize SAP Commerce Cloud with New Services Available on SAP Store
- Baseline activation service for SAP Commerce Cloud provides customers with a tailored solution containing basic branding, along with a workshop on key SAP Commerce Cloud capabilities. This allows customers to ramp up quickly and be able to have robust project design discussions with their partner.
- Code review service for SAP Commerce Cloud allows customers to receive a detailed code review and analysis, performed by SAP experts, against specific areas (storefront, backend) to maximize code quality and overall solution value.
SmartEdit Upgraded to Angular 15
We are happy to announce that we are upgrading SmartEdit to leverage Angular version 15. By doing so, we are ensuring that the SAP Composable Storefront is up to date with the latest features and improvements offered by Angular. This upgrade will also help address any potential security vulnerabilities and take advantage of the latest performance optimizations, while enhancing the overall developer experience with new tools. To assist the upgrade process, we have provided a link in the resources section.
Sending Business Events Through Webhooks
SAP Commerce Cloud is now able to leverage business events to communicate to any platform. The feature uses a single event export mechanism to the destination of choice, and provides generic eventing for non-Item type (CRUD) events.
This provides increased extensibility capabilities by standardizing and expanding on the current mechanism for event-driven asynchronous extensibility.
It also introduces the capability to send existing Business Events as Webhooks, and the ability to define the payload of those Business Events via POJO-modelled Integration Objects.
For more details on the above release features, check out the following resources:
- Q3 2023 SAP Commerce Cloud Release Readiness Kit
- Staying current with Commerce Cloud and Composable Storefront
- Performance Optimization Best Practices
- Run the most secure and stable version of SAP Commerce Cloud
- Adopting Continuous Innovation with SAP Commerce Cloud (and in Spanish)
- SmartEdit upgrade process to Angular 15
SAP Help Portal
- SAP Report: Achieving Agility in Digital Commerce: Guidance to Help Organizational Leaders Future-Proof Digital Experiences with an Agile Commerce Approach
Please share your feedback in a comment and follow our SAP Commerce Cloud topic page to connect with the community!