SAP Signavio Process Navigator – Solution Scenario
Solution Scenario is part of SAP EARL Solution Process Model, which overviews the implementation of the business scenarios. Solution scenarios are comprised of solution architecture entities such as solution processes, which breakdown to show how the solution scenarios are being implemented.
The solution process can be further broken down to multiple solution process flows, which can be extrapolated into multiple variants and solution process flow diagrams. Each solution process flow is comprised of solution activities, which detail the various steps in each solution process.
Each solution activity is comprised of solution actions, which are individual actions that a user performs in the system.
SAP Signavio Process Navigator – Home page
In the SAP Signavio Process Navigator home page, we see the following four tile:
- Solution Scenario
- Solution Process
- Info Corner
- News Center
Additionally, recently added solution scenarios features the latest solution scenarios and a graphical representation of LOB available as a part of Solution processes.
In this blog, we will explore Solution Scenario feature.
The number on the tile Solution Scenario depicts the total number of scenarios.
Explore Solution Scenario
- Click on the Solution Scenario tile. Once clicked, the user is navigated to the screen as shown in the below figure.
- In the Solution scenario list, by default the first ten alphabetically sorted solution scenarios are displayed.
- More button is provided to load more Solution scenarios.
- Examples of Solution scenarios: Plan to Fulfill, SAP Ariba Invoice etc.
- A single solution scenario can be available for different versions (2302, 2308 etc)
- Search field is provided for easy search.
- Filtering based on Name & Version is possible.
Figure 2: SAP Signavio Process Navigator – Solution Scenario details
Details of Solution Scenario
- Select the Solution Scenario you like to further explore.
Here, I have chosen SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public edition, 2308 version.
Figure 3: SAP Signavio Process Navigator – Solution Scenario selection
A Solution Scenario comprises of entities such as solution Processes, which explains how the Solution Scenarios are implemented.
In other words, the Business Scenario asks the question ‘what is the problem statement or a business challenge’.
Solution Scenario explains ‘how the problem or that particular challenge is solved’ by using granular entities such as Solution actions, solution process flows, and solution processes.
Here, you see a list of Solution Processes grouped into different LOB`s under a Solution Scenario SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud. You can also switch to an A-Z list view as well.
Figure 4: SAP Signavio Process Navigator – Solution Scenario switch options
the powerful filter functionality, it is possible to display only the relevant Solution Processes for further use.
Figure 5: SAP Signavio Process Navigator – Solution Scenario filter
Solution Process is a dedicated implementation of a Business Process Variant, leveraging SAP and/or Partner Solutions.
- The user can toggle between list view and group view (LOB).
- In the group view, processes are categorized by Line of Business (LoB) and Business Area, based on the solution capabilities that the solution process supports or implements.
- There are several tags/labels provided for better understanding of Solution Process details such as.
- Excluded from default activation.
- US GAAP relevant
- IFRS relevant
- Additional license required.
Figure 6: SAP Signavio Process Navigator – Solution Process tags
As the name suggests, accelerators are intended to speed up the implementation process, simplify adoption of Sap S/4HANA for faster time to value, by providing Industry-ready, pre-configured content for core business processes.
Navigate to the Accelerators section to explore information and implementation accelerators that are assigned to the solution scenario. Accelerators may be grouped into several categories. In addition, download button is available to download all the accelerators in one-go.
Figure 7: SAP Signavio Process Navigator – Accelerators
Under the description tab, following info is detailed out.
- Overview of Solution Scenario
- Business Benefits of the selected Solution Scenario
- Key Process Flows relevant to the selected Solution Scenario
Figure 8: SAP Signavio Process Navigator – Description
In addition, feedback and download options are available.
- Provide us your feedback: Feedback channel is embedded to receive inputs on improvements, enhancements etc.
- Download button: Option to download a zip file containing all related accelerators of this Solution Scenario.
Figure 9: SAP Signavio Process Navigator – Download & feedback button
I hope this was an insightful read and gave an idea about how to navigate through Solution Scenarios in the SAP Signavio Process Navigator.
Next, we will explore Solution Process in detail.