SAP’s “Hybrid” Cloud via RISE with SAP. Yep, we got one of those, bet ya didn’t know. 3-minute read…
Gartner defines Hybrid Cloud Computing as “…policy-based and coordinated service provisioning, use and management across a mixture of internal and external cloud services.” You can view Gartner’s glossary of terms here https://www.gartner.com/en/information-technology/glossary/hybrid-cloud-computing.
I like that definition, a mixture of internal and external cloud services. Of course, by internal Gartner means within a customer’s data center. By external they mean – outside a customer’s data center, like a public cloud hyperscaler, for instance.
From the SAP customer community, we know that 80% of DSAG members and 51% of ASUG members are deploying SAP S/4HANA on premises or in a private cloud. And according to IDC, up to 68% of SAP workloads will stay on premises in the United States, especially large customers.
For those customers, a hybrid solution from SAP may make the most sense. Bet ya didn’t know SAP has a hybrid solution for our RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition offering. Well, we do.
It goes by the stylish name RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition, customer data center option. Ok, I guess it depends on your style… Let’s just call it “CDC” for customer data center; which is the hybridization of our strategic cloud solution, RISE with SAP.
It’s also the market’s best kept secret.
But hey, now you know – SAP has a hybrid cloud solution for RISE with SAP, where you can run SAP S/4HANA as a cloud service from your data center; while accessing SAP BTP and SAP Signavio, and all the other wonderful innovative RISE components from the public cloud – aka a mixture of internal and external cloud services. You can learn more about CDC here.
SAP’s strategic “hybrid” offering RISE with SAP, deployable in a Customer Data Center, is specifically designed to:
- Secure an SAP cloud infrastructure and platform in a customer data center, that is backed by SAP, managed by SAP, and guaranteed to perform by SAP via an SAP Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Empower customers who want to run in their data center (on-premises) and stay in lockstep with SAP’s cloud innovation agenda, including ML/AI (Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence), LLMS (large language models), etc.
- Meet the needs of challenging industry regulatory compliance topics which may prevent running SAP in a public shared hyperscaler (utilities, public sector, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, aerospace & defense, etc.), you get the drift.
- Address the data sovereignty needs of customers, governments, and industry participants to keep their payload data inside their country, governed by the laws of their country.
- Provide a powerful and novel approach to address the desire to embrace a cloud OpEx model, while benefiting from a high-performance dedicated system with low latency.
- Resell an extraordinary RISE with SAP platform by SAP’s managed service provider and telecommunications partners, enabling them to become SAP partner managed cloud partners for RISE with SAP, servicing our mutual customers from the partner’s or customer’s own data center.
Here’s the kicker, we also have a Big Data solution that works as a “Database as a Service” or DBaaS; it’s architected for petabytes and doesn’t require any SAP applications – you bring the workload. Yep, it runs out of your data center too! Bet ya never heard of that one either… Uhg, we’ll save that for a future Blog…
Head of RISE with SAP – Customer Data Center
SAP RISE Global GTM Execution
10 Hudson Yards, 51st Floor, New York NY 10001 USA
 ASUG and DSAG: Insights on SAP Cloud Solutions and RISE with SAP, August 2, 2021
 IDC Perspective: Workload Repatriation – An Integral Part of Cloud Migration Journeys