SAP Grantor Management – What is new since S/4HANA 2022 initial shipment
In my first blog post about SAP Grantor Management in S/4HANA I introduced the new offering of Grantor Management only in S/4HANA and in this blog post I cover all the new capabilities we have released since that initial shipment which includes S/4HANA 2022 FPS1 and FPS2 and what is coming in the latest release S/4HANA 2023 which will be made available in October of 2023.
This S/4HANA 2023 release is considered a go-to release for both compatibility with legacy software and next-generation technology.
From this latest release, SAP S/4HANA will move to a release cycle that occurs 2-years with 3-feature packages or more.
Here the list of the capabilities and the releases where they were released:
- Grantor Claims (S/4HANA 2022 FPS1)
Now with Grantor Claims available applicants can submit requests for payments of the amounts specified in the agreement or request a reconciliations of payment based on already incurred expenses.
For more information, see Claims
- Case Management integration (S/4HANA 2023 FPS0)
You can use the BAdI: Add Objects to a Grantor Case to write objects from a Grantor Management application, agreement, and/or claim into a case.
A sample process is delivered as standard. In this sample process, you can assign the following objects to a case:
Grantor change requests
FMRE (earmarked fund) document (precommitment, commitment)
For more information, see Case management
- Ad-Hoc Billing Plans (S/4HANA 2023 FPS0)
The Grantor Management solution in CRM supported Milestone Billing Plans on all Grantor objects but since in S/4HANA Milestone Billing Plans got replaced by Ad-hoc Billing Plans we have integrated Ad-hoc Billing Plans for all Grantor objects (Application, Agreement and Claim on this new release.
When using Ad-Hoc Billing Plans the authorized amount can be split into various installments. The timing for each installment is determined by the billing plan.
For more information, see Ad Hoc Billing Plans in Grantor Management
- PPF actions for Assessment for Application and Claim (S/4HANA 2023 FPS0)
New following new actions are delivered for Grantor Applications:
and for Grantor Claims:
For more information, see PPF Actions
- Grantor Change Request (S/4HANA 2023 FPS0)
A change request represents any changes of circumstances. These changes can be initiated by the grantee or the grantor organization. If the changes are approved, an amended agreement may be created.
For more information, see Change Request
- Enable Grantor Objects for “Agent Inbox” search (S/4HANA 2023 FPS0)
You can now use the grantor objects (1Order) for searching purposes.
The following OSS Note 3337825 is available to enable this feature in S/4HANA 2022
- Print and attach a Rejection Letter using a PPF action called “Print_Reject_Letter_and_Attach” (S/4HANA 2023 FPS0)
The following new PPF action is now available:
After the PPF action is executed the pdf rejection letter is printed and sent to the Attachment Assignment Block
For more information, see Editing Applications (Actions)
- Enable Grantor workflow template WS51400007 for Grantor Applications and Grantor Change Request (S/4HANA 2023 FPS0)
Since change requests and grantor applications use the same object type, you can also adapt and use the workflow WS51400007 for applications
For more information, see Workflow In Grantor Management
- Enable Notes in Grantor Programs (S/4HANA 2023 FPS0)
- Enable Attachments in Grantor Programs (S/4HANA 2023 FPS0)
- Enable Business partners in grantor program (S/4HANA 2023 FPS0)
- Enable the display of Financial Documents in S/4 Grantor document flow (“Transaction History” assignment block) (S/4HANA 2022 FPS2)
Accounting documents from the financial execution interfaces (PSCD, A/P, A/R) have been included in the document flow of Agreements and Claims.
This capability can be installed on S/4HANA 2022 FPS0 and FPS1 via OSS Note 3308549
So, in summary, these new features redefine grantor management and keep an eye on what is coming up for the next releases on our SAP roadmap Explorer
Diego Gaudenzi, Grantor Management Product Owner