What’s new in Job Monitoring in SAP Cloud ALM
So before getting into the details of this blog, let us mark today’s date which is 30th Sept, 2023. The date is very important to understand what’s new in Job Monitoring in SAP Cloud ALM, because SAP CALM is such a tool which keeps on releasing new functionalities and keep on improving it’s existing functionalities.
I hope all of you are already aware about Job Monitoring in SAP Cloud ALM. It is one of the key functionalities in SAP Cloud ALM in Operation track and it can be a game changer in your application lifecycle management.
Advantages of Job Monitoring in SAP Cloud ALM:
- Easy Setup
- Quick Configuration
- Pre Build dashboard
- Integration with Service Now is simpler than compared to SOLMAN
- Can be integrated with Microsoft Teams as well
- Better and easier authorization concept
- and many more…
Apart from the advantages of Job Monitoring in SAP Cloud ALM, recently SAP has introduced few new added functionalities/options in Job Monitoring which makes this tool more useful and helps to add more value out of this tool.
- SAP has added “Scheduled by” data in the alert email. So, now along with the job name, start time, and other details, you will get the “scheduled by” details also.
- Now you will get the job name in the subject of the email and in the object name of the alert email also.
- In the configuration page of the job monitoring, now will get the options of the job types in the filters. So let’s say you want to monitor only SAP ABAP jobs but not the process chains, then you can select “SAP ABAP Jobs” in the job types and save the configuration.
I am happy to let you know that these changes are result of our feedback that we gave to SAP. I’m very happy yo tell you that the kind of response and support we got from SAP was great and they quickly added these features and options based on our feedback.
Kudos to SAP team.
So go ahead, and start utilizing this amazing tool and help your organization and your customers to go through the digital transformation that they are aspiring for.