SAP for Utilities – why go? #SAP4U
SAP for Utilities, October 9-11, Chicago – why go?
In a few short days, SAP for Utilties, presented by ASUG, will begin.
So why attend?
Here are some reasons:
1. Learn about SAP’s vision for the future
SAP has a keynote “Keynote-The Future of Energy: Innovations in Utilities, Generation, and Storage”
2. Hear from fellow utility customers
I have a big list of customers presenting below.
3. Participate in lunch table topics
On Tuesday, we’re having a “Lunch and Learn Topic Table on SAP S/4HANA: Implementation”
Join this discussion if you are mid-project or have already gone live with SAP S/4HANA. You will learn from peers who are already on the journey and have made mission-critical decisions. You’ll gain knowledge on lessons learned to ensure success in your future endeavors
4. Explore solutions for utilities
Visit partners and SAP booths to share and exchange ideas
5. Network with your peers
October 9th starts with a “Beers with Peers” session.
Gain insights from customer stories:
- Evaluating the Use of RISE with SAP During Lincoln Electric System Digital Transformation
“Lincoln Electric System is preparing to move to SAP S/4HANA and is working with SAP to determine the appropriate functional and technical scope. ”
Patrick Gans is active in the community, and will be interesting to learn more about their plans
- Getting Everything You Need from SAP Service Cloud with Southern California Edison
SoCal Edison is always at the forefront and this time it is no different – listen to their experience with SAP Service Cloud
- Case Study: Hawaiian Electric Company Partners with Rizing to Modernize Mobile Work & Field Service. “Hawaiian Electric Company (HECO) has embarked on a transformative journey to better leverage its existing SAP implementation and modernize its software and business processes”
- Central Hudson’s Journey to SAP S/4HANA Real-Time Reporting on SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
Everyone wants real time reporting with S/4HANA and this time Central Hudson also talks about using it with SAC
- Optimizing SAP S/4HANA for Digital Transformation and Growth at Summit Utilities
“Summit Utilities recently completed a Digital Transformation, enabling an end-to-end process coverage across ERP. They also deployed the full solution in just one year, leveraging a cloud-first strategy and replatforming 34 interfacing systems”
- SAP Security: Before, During, and After a RISE with SAP Migration with Snohomish PUD
At last year’s event, many executives said cybersecurity was a top priority for their utility. I am glad that our great SAP Community Utilties superstar Marc Rosson is covering this.
- AMI 2.0 & SAP integration using BTP
Marc is back covering this important topic.
- Doubling Down on US EPA’s Lead and Copper Rule Inventory with SAP
Very important topic for US water utilities with Metropolitan District
- Process-Centric Transformation: A Data-Driven Approach to Future Innovation with Southern California Edison -SoCal Edison discusses using Signavio
- Inclusive Payments: Leaving No Customer Behind in 2023
A session with the great Metropolitan Utilities District
- Customer Core: Delivering Easy Fast Experiences
Dominion, my electric utility, discusses the following their Customer Core project that implemented the following three primary applications:
- SAP, including SAP S/4HANA for Utilities and SAP C/4HANA
- Siemens’ Meter Data Management (MDM) system EnergyIP
- SEW’s customer self-service system (Self Service Accelerator—SSA)
- The Oklahoma City Water Utilities Trust (OCWUT) RISE with SAP Journey
They share their RISE journey
- Customer Panel Discussion: Implementing Utility Dispatch with SAP & Idea Jam
Several utilities are on this panel, including Loudoun Water, TECO Energy, and Liberty Utilities
- Enabling a Next-Generation Customer Service Experience with New Jersey Resources
This will be interesting to know which cloud products they used.
- Leveraging SAP BTP to Future Proof Development
Oklahoma Gas & Electric covers their use of BTP
- Navigating Change Lessons Learned from a Major SAP S/4HANA Project with NW Natural
NW Natural shares their S/4HANA journey
- “Crawl, Walk, Run” How Liberty Utilities Achieves Operational Excellence with SAP Service & Asset
The great ASUG Conference Producer Alyssa Perna shared some highlights:
See you there?
Since I am posting this on a Friday, here’s a video of this same event I attended 9 years ago: