QM Vendor Notification form Customization by using Adobe LiveCycle in RISE with SAP Public Cloud
Dear SAP Folks,
The methods necessary to customize the form template (using Adobe LiveCycle) for Quality Vendor Notification in the RISE with SAP Public Cloud 2308 will be covered in this blog.
QM VENDOR NOTIFICATION:
- SAP QM Quality Notification contains functions for capturing and processing different types of problems or defects that are identified during inspection (for example, defects resulting from poor-quality goods).
- SAP QM Quality notifications are utilized to analyze the recorded defects and perform root cause analysis of these problems. Quality notification-Q2 deals with the problem associated with the quality of goods delivered by the vendor. This is used to record a complaint against a vendor and act against the problem identified during an incoming quality inspection of materials.
QM VENDOR NOTIFICATION FORM:
- In SAP (Systems, Applications, and Products in Data Processing), a Vendor Notification Form typically refers to a document or electronic form used to notify a vendor or supplier about various aspects of a business transaction or relationship.
- This form can vary in content and purpose depending on the specific needs of the organization, but it generally includes essential information related to procurement, orders, invoices, and other vendor-related processes.
- The primary purpose of a Vendor Notification Form is to communicate important information and instructions to the vendor.
ADOBE LIVE CYCLE:
- Adobe LiveCycle forms development in SAP refers to the process of creating and managing electronic forms using Adobe LiveCycle Designer within the SAP ecosystem.
- Adobe LiveCycle Designer is a software tool that allows users to design dynamic and interactive electronic forms, such as PDF forms, which can be integrated into SAP applications and workflows.
- These forms can be used for various purposes, including data collection, document generation, and digital signatures.
Topics which we are going to discuss in this Blog are,
- Personalizing the Form template.
- Define settings for form templates and output channels for output control using Configuration.
- Activating the form templates, using “Output parameter determination“.
STEP – I
Select the “Maintain Form Template” tile,
TILE NAME: MAINTAIN FORM TEMPLATE
SAP provided predefined templates. In the description bar search for quality notification and then choose the required form template and use the data source for the custom template.
In my scenario, I choose the “Quality notification summary supplier” and downloaded the data source with the standard form template.
select the “Download” button.
Press the “OK” button. The form will be downloaded in the form template in zip format. The ZIP Format must be extracted by the user.
- You can use custom fonts in the layout of custom forms as corporate identity design. These special fonts must be embedded in a PDF. To do so, use the Embed Font in PDF property in the corresponding custom form.
- For the use of custom fonts in the form output, the corresponding custom fonts must be uploaded to the Adobe Document Services (ADS) using the Adobe Document Services Configuration app.
- can enable automatic mirroring for form templates that are created as a left-to-right structure (with an original language such as English, German, etc.) into a right-to-left language format (e.g. Hebrew, Arabic) for rendering.
- The downloaded form template will be in Zip file format you can Extract this. The zip file contains PDF and XSD files.
- First Install the Adobe LiveCycle Designer 11.0 for SAP solutions for designing the form. which is normally developed in SAP S/4 HANA Public Cloud.
Now open the Adobe LiveCycle tool. The initial screen will be like this….
Select the Standard template form by clicking the new icon, and then click the open icon. Create a unique form template in accordance with the requirements.
Use the “data connection” tab available on the right-hand side. Select the Quality Notification FDP Type and select the required fields that are necessary for the customized form.
Save the form template after you have bind the mandatory field to the header and item, then upload it to the “YY1_vendor_notification“ custom template that you have already designed in the Maintain form template Tile.
Select the necessary Data source that we used to bind in the form, then upload the designed form template to the custom template that we have designed earlier.
Click the “Upload“ icon.
Once we choose the designed XDP file, then click the “OK“ button to upload.
The Vendor notification form template has been updated.
STEP – II
To assign the customized form template to output control, In the search bar enter the “Manage your solution” tile.
TILE NAME: MANAGE YOUR SOLUTION
The Manage Your Solution Initial screen is where this goes. Then click to configure your solution.
Press the search icon after entering the SSCUI ID-102313 (for output management – output control) in the search area.
Note: SSCUI stands for “Self-Service Configuration User Interface”.
In SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud, there is no access to the SPRO/GUI screen to configure and customize the solution. So, we will be using SSCUI ID.
In this screen select Configure under the actions tab.
In the next screen, select the new entries tab then select “Quality Notification” as the form template, “Summary supplier” as the Output type, and “YY1_Vendor_Notification” as the form template ID. Then click the “Save” button. Now the customized form template is successfully assigned to the Quality Notification.
STEP – 3
To activate the form templates, go to the “Output parameter determination” tile right away. The customized form templates can be modified and made active by using this tile.
TILE NAME: OUTPUT PARAMETER DETERMINATION
In this Initial screen, Select “Quality Notification” in the dropdown against Show rules and “Form Template” against the determination step.
In this screen click edit, Select the required “Role“, “Channel“, “Form template“, “Form Language“, etc… Then click “Activate“ after assigning the form template.
THE END RESULT:
A customized Quality Vendor Notification form template has now been successfully uploaded to the SAP S4/HANA Public Cloud system.
Go to the “Create Quality Notification” tile to view the result of the custom field form.
TILE NAME: CREATE QUALITY NOTIFICATION
In the Create Notification screen select the Notification type as “Q2-Complaint Against Supplier“.
Under the “subject“ tab, Select the Coding (name of the issue or flaw), Enter the description, and choose the Required End date for the priority.
Under the “Item“ tab, Select the overview section and enter the necessary data.
Under the “Task“ tab, Enter the necessary Data.
Completed the Quality Notification for complaint against Vendor was created.
Go to Menu -> Extras -> Notification Output to view the Customized Vendor Quality Notification form.
Click the Add icon. Select the required “Output Type”, “Channel”, “Country”, “language”, and “Form template”. Select the line item, then Simply click the Display Document icon.
The Quality Vendor Notification form is here (Final output).
- In conclusion, integrating Adobe LiveCycle with SAP to create a vendor notification form is a powerful solution that can significantly improve vendor management processes within your organization. It enhances efficiency, accuracy, and security while streamlining workflows and providing a customizable platform for your unique requirements. Implementing such a system can lead to cost savings and improved vendor relationships.
- In this blog, we have explored the steps required to customize the vendor quality Notification form using Adobe LiveCycle and Assigning it to Output parameter Determination in SAP S/4 HANA Public Cloud.
Thanks for reading this blog…
Hope this blog will be useful. If you enjoyed this blog post, please give it a like! If you have questions,
Feel free to comment.
If you would like to keep up on the latest updates regarding SAP S4/HANA Public cloud, kindly follow me…
Thanks & Regards
SAP PP-QM-PM CONSULTANT.