Connect with peers to optimize your SAP S/4HANA Cloud public edition user experience
One of the main reasons customers move to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition is to benefit from continuous innovations. With nothing to install, you receive updates automatically, including UX enhancements. SAP provides many resources to learn about innovations in UX such as videos, blog posts, and the what’s new section in the release notes. In addition to this self-service approach, we offer a more active engagement model. A selected group of public cloud customers meet every six weeks or so to discuss their UX issues. We call this group the UX BrainTrust.
Like other successful peer-to-peer groups that discuss user experience topics, such as the SAP Fiori elements roundtable or SAP Screen Personas practitioner forum, these meetings provide stakeholders the opportunity to learn from SAP experts, preview new functionality, provide feedback on the latest functionality, and participate in user research to shape future features. Some topics we have discussed in the recent UX BrainTrust meetings include:
- Learning about new functionality. Some administrators were overwhelmed by the amount of information they needed to digest in a short time and some users reported frustration with having new apps appear and others becoming deprecated. For the former issue, we extended the lead time with the Preliminary What’s New.
- Training end-users on using SAP Fiori. Some users were not familiar with all the nuances of using SAP Fiori, so we arranged a training session for them and their colleagues in which we share tips and tricks for using SAP Fiori in SAP S/4HANA.
- Scanning barcodes. A customer wanted to scan barcodes using a classic app. We pointed them to a solution using SAP Screen Personas.
- Switching from a 2-tier to 3-tier landscape. This was a concern for a few people, so we pointed them to a video that explained the conversion process.
- Clarifying the functionality of various apps. We had several conversations about the capabilities of apps in different domains including sales and finance. We routed the feedback about any feature gaps or confusing UX issues to the relevant product owners, who added it to their backlog.
We founded The UX BrainTrust group to give SAP S/4HANA Cloud public edition customers the ability to:
- Learn about UX innovations
- Gain access to experts that can listen and address UX concerns
- Influence future UX functionality
- Share best practices with peers from other public cloud customers
The first area to start was Germany as Christian Stark launched the SAP UX BrainTrust EMEA. Now, we are expanding to several regions, including the Americas, India, and Australia / New Zealand. Sylvie Charpentier and Peter Spielvogel are leading the group for the Americas. We currently have customers from Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
What makes these communities unique is that we go beyond our usual IT contacts and encourage end-users to participate. We rely on the people using our software in their daily jobs to provide direct feedback and participate in research projects.
Which SAP S/4HANA Cloud public edition customers qualify to be in the group?
- Your company is live with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition
- You have more than 25 active users
- You want to empower your users with the best possible experience
- You will encourage your end-users to participate in selected user research projects
- You have time to attend a 1-hour online meeting approximately every six weeks
For more information or to see if you are eligible to join this exclusive, invitation-only group in your region, please contact your client service partner, account executive, or me.
On behalf of the global UX BrainTrust team, Peter Spielvogel.
Planned schedule for the next six months (subject to change):
- November 2023 – Spaces and Pages
- January 2024 – CDS views
- February 2024 – SAP Fiori Makers for rapid app development
- March 2024 – Adapt UI for SAP Fiori apps
- April 2024 – Adapt UI for classic apps
- May 2024 – Office hours / open discussion
- June 2024 – Sapphire recap