SAP Activate & Industry Cloud Applications – A New Connection
Industry Cloud Applications are modular, industry specific solutions, developed by SAP and partners and built on SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP). SAP BTP acts as an open innovation platform and enables partners to build vertical solutions and business services that extend and interface with the business network and the intelligent suite.
An industry cloud solution must meet the following criteria:
- It must be a public cloud solution.
- It must solve a specific business problem of one or more industries, either as extension of an end-to-end process of the Intelligent Suite, or as a new, self-contained process.
- It must either be built on or integrated via SAP BTP.
- If it’s an extension for S/4HANA Cloud, it can only be built using the side-by-side extensibility option. See Extensibility in S/4HANA Cloud.
- It must include configuration and integration content.
- The user interface must follow the SAP Fiori Design Guidelines, independent of the UI technology in use.
You can visit the SAP Store to view the list of currently available Industry Cloud Applications.
We have now aligned SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition (3-system landscape) roadmap to incorporate guidance for Service Partners and Customers implementing Industry Cloud Applications. The newly incorporated changes help identify the set of tasks across a customer implementation journey that will have to be accounted for from an Industry Cloud Solution perspective. SAP Build Partners can also leverage SAP Activate content for Industry Cloud Applications to understand the typical implementation journey of a customer.
From a Project Lifecycle standpoint, you can find the major implementation phases and the key activities within each Activate Phase listed below.
We have now created an overlay of tasks within SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition (3-system landscape) roadmap to align with with required implementation steps from an Industry Cloud Applications perspective
To review the Industry Cloud Application relevant content with SAP Activate, follow the steps below
- Visit SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition (3-system landscape) roadmap
- Go to Content tab and select the ‘Industry Cloud Apps’ tag.
- All Industry Cloud Applications relevant Tasks and Deliverables should now be displayed.
You can also view the instructions on filtering the Industry Cloud Applications content within SAP Activate using the video below
You can explore more SAP Activate resources in SAP Community using tag #sapactivate, we also encourage you to consider following our sister communities SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP Cloud ALM. Let us know your thoughts in the comments to this blog post or via questions in the SAP Activate community.