SLOTTING PROCESS FOR SAP EWM
This blog includes configuration steps for Slotting in the EWM system.
Configuration Steps for Slotting
- In the screen that appears, enter the name of the Condition Table (example :CANOCOND) and a Description (Condition table for testing)
- Select the CONLG_NUM, CON_MATGNR, CON_MATGNR, CON_TRGSTIND, CON_WHSTC fields from the list of available fields and move them to the right by clicking the arrow button
- On the same screen, you can see both the fields are now available on the right side. Save and activate the table by clicking the activate icon and then clicking the save icon.
Creating a Condition Table
- To create a new condition table in SAP EWM execute transaction code SPRO and follow the menu path
- Extended Warehouse Management > Good Receipt Process > Slotting > Condition Technique > Condition Table > Edit Condition Table for Putaway Control Indicator
Slotting Field Catalog
- After activation, at the bottom of the same screen you can see that green logs are generated and the status of the table changes to «Active»
- To create a new access sequence in SAP EWM execute transaction code SPRO and follow the menu path, Extended Warehouse Management > Good Receipt Process > Slotting > Condition Technique > Access Sequence > Edit Access Sequence for Putaway Control Indicator.
- The access sequence header In the same screen, enter 1 in the Access field. The value in the Access field is a sequence number. If you define more than one condition table you could enter it as sequence 2.
- In this example, you define only one condition table, so enter 1 here. Enter the name of the table created in step 1 (CANOCOND) and then select the E check box.
Create an Access Sequence
- An access sequence is used to specify the sequence in which the system processes the condition tables when searching for specific condition records. This setting is made specific to the condition type using an access sequence.
- Each condition table contains a specific combination of fields that the system should look for in the condition records. In the above step, the condition table contains two fields, Warehouse Number and Warehouse Product Group.
- When the slotting process is executed, the access sequence is used to read the linked condition table (CANOCOND). The match is successful if the condition table fields match the input parameters.
Create a Condition Type
- A condition type is used to specify the attributes, field combinations, and business meaning of condition records. For example, it can be used to create various condition types for packaging specification determination in warehouse order creation.
- To create a new access condition type in SAP EWM execute transaction code SPRO and follow menu path Extended Warehouse Management > Good Receipt Process > Slotting > Condition Technique > Condition Type > Edit Condition Types for Putaway Control Indicator.
- Enter the name of the condition type (e.g., ZCAN) and the Access Seq. (access sequence) that you created in step 2 (ZCAN). Other details are proposed by default and are not changed. Click the save icon to save your data.
- A slotting procedure is used to define which condition types are to be considered and in which order. The system automatically determines which procedure is valid for a business transaction and takes into account the condition types contained within it, one after another.
- To create a new slotting procedure in SAP EWM execute transaction code SPRO and follow menu path Extended Warehouse Management > Good Receipt Process > Slotting > Condition Technique > Determination Procedure > Edit Determination Procedure for Putaway Control Indicator.
Create the Slotting Procedure
- The slotting procedure header Enter the name of the Procedure as ZSP and the Short text as Slotting procedure. Click the Elements of Determination Procedure folder.
- In the field under the LvNo (level number column) enter the 1. In the field under the Ctr (counter) column, enter 1, and in the field under the Condition Type column, enter ZCAN. Click the save icon.
- The level and counter denote the sequence for the determination procedure. For example, there can be several counters within one level.
Assign the Slotting Procedure to a Warehouse Number
- Before assigning the slotting procedure created to a warehouse number, you need to create a warehouse. To create a new warehouse number, execute transaction SPRO and follow menu path Extended Warehouse Management > Master Data > Define Warehouse Number.
- Warehouse created and saved Enter the number of the warehouse (CANO) in the Warehouse No. field and a Description (canberk’s warehouse). Click the save icon.
- Now to assign the slotting procedure to the new warehouse you just created, follow the menu path Extended Warehouse Management > Good Receipt Process > Slotting > Condition Technique > Determination Procedure > Assign Determination Procedure. In the new screen, click the New Entries button
- Enter the usage as PU (Warehouse Parameter Determination), the warehouse number CANO you created, and the slotting procedure as ZCN, which was created before. Click the save icon.
Create a Condition Maintenance Group
- A condition maintenance group is used to bundle condition tables and types for condition maintenance together. To create a new condition maintenance group in SAP EWM execute transaction code SPRO and follow the menu path Extended Warehouse Management > Good Receipt Process > Slotting > Condition Technique > Settings for User Interface > Create Condition Maintenance Group. On the screen that appears, click the New Entries button.
Condition Maintenance Details
- Condition maintenance details, enter the Counter (1), Usages (PU), Condition Table (ZSLOT_CAN), Condition Type (ZCAN), and Description (Con. Main. Group Cano). Click the save icon to save your data.
- After you click the save icon, the system generates the logs showing that all the configuration steps are successfully completed, as shown in the figure.
- Click the enter icon (the green checkmark).
Assign the Condition Maintenance Group to the Maintenance Context
- After defining the condition maintenance group, you need to specify condition maintenance groups for a context. Context defines the situation or circumstance under which the condition maintenance group is used.
- For my example, assign general condition maintenance (GCM) context to the condition maintenance group (Z_SLOT_CAN). (Note: SAP provides other contexts, such as TAX_ENGINE, that are used under business scenarios related to finance. For basic condition records and condition maintenance group, the context GCM is used.)
- To register the condition maintenance group in SAP EWM, execute transaction code SPRO and follow menu path Extended Warehouse Management > Good Receipt Process > Slotting > Condition Technique > Settings for User Interface > Register Condition Maintenance Group. In the screen that appears, enter the maintenance context GCM and click the enter icon as shown in the figure.
Condition Maintenance Context Details
- In the next screen (not shown), click the New Entries button to go to the Figure. Enter the name of the Group (Z_SLOT_CAN) and a Description (slot. Con. cano).
- Click the save icon to save your entries
- The condition record entry screen, enter the condition type (ZCAN) and then press the Enter key
- The condition record header After you press Enter, additional columns are populated as shown in the figure.
- Fill in the details for columns as shown in the figures.
- Note that the Status column displays red symbols for the rows in which you have entered data as the system has not yet checked these values. After clicking the check icon, this status changes to green.
Master Data Update
- To maintain the warehouse product, execute transaction /SCWM/MAT1. In the screen, enter the product number (EWMS4-40), the Warehouse No. (CANO), and Party Entitled to Dispose (BP1710). Click the Change button.
- This action displays the screen shown in the figure. Under the Storage Tab, enter the Warehouse Product Group (0001) and then click the save icon.
Slotting Execution and Results Interpretation
- To execute slotting, execute transaction /SCWM/SLOT. On the screen, the system displays, click the right arrow to enter all the product names.
Slotting Results Logs
The screen lists logs with green blocks in the figure, indicating that slotting was successful. Note that this is just a simulation of the slotting process. To update the results, click the Mode button on top of the screen as shown in the figure.
In the pop-up screen select the radio button option Status Grn/Yellw. Selecting Status Grn/Yellw instructs the system to select and process all rows that have an exception status color of green or yellow. Click the OK button.
Slotting results rows selection After you click the update product master button in the figure, the system displays the screen shown in the figure.
- After executing the slotting process, you can view the results by executing transaction code /SCWM/MAT1.
- In the screen, the system displays, enter data in the Product Number (EWMS4-40), Warehouse No. (CANO), and the Party Entitled to Dispose (BP1710) fields. Click the Display button.
Thanks Canberk Çoban for helping preparation this document.