Material Staging for Production order
Hello SAP folks,
- In our blog, we will cover the steps required to perform reservation and Goods issue against the production order by the material staging in SAP S/4 Hana.
- Material staging in SAP is the process of moving raw materials or semi-finished goods from storage to a manufacturing or assembly location. It involves gathering production items to be ready at a specific time and quantity.
Step By step process flow:
- Click on this tile to perform the Material staging for production order.
- In this Screen first Enter the Plant, go to Global setting.
- Here Determine the Replenishment option as Stock transfer.
- After that, move to the dialog control tab to define the Dialog steps,
- Here change the stage replenishment proposals as D- Automatic and click the tick option.
- First we need to select the Selection horizon for requirement date.
- Now we select the Production/process order tab, here enter the production order number and click on the Execute button.
- In this screen, the system will through the total requirements line item which are the missing parts in production order.
- Once you check the details, select all the line items and click the Replenishment proposals button.
- Once select the Replenishment proposal, click replenishment elements, now the system will automatically fetch the Staged qty from production order.
- After that, select the line items Enter the Replenishment storage location manually.
- If all the line items are maintained in same storage location, click on mass change button and enter the storage location.
- Here we enter the Replenishment storage location And Select the tick option.
- Now select the line item and click the stage button, if it contains any Errors, system through notification, otherwise we can Save the staging.
- After saving the material staging, material document number was generated for 311 movement type of transfer posting.
- we have covered the steps required to perform reservation and Goods issue against the production order by the material staging in SAP S/4 Hana.
I thank everyone who reads this blog.
I sincerely hope this blog is helpful. Give this blog article a like if you liked it! If you have any Inquiries,
You’re welcome to comment.
Please follow me if you want to stay up to speed on news about SAP S4 and HANA.
Thanks & Regards,
SAP S/4 HANA Cloud PP-QM Consultant.
- For more details on Material staging process, observe the below links.