Document and Reporting Compliance Mexico: TipoEnvio tag for Account Balance and Journal Entry Details Reports
In this blog post, I’ll present a step-by-step guide on how to use the TipoEnvio tag for corrections.
This tag is used to meet the requirement made by the Mexican tax authority, SAT (Servicio de Administración Tributaria), to indicate whether a document is a declaration or a correction.
In the reports Mexico Account Balance (MX_ACCT_BAL_REP) and Mexico Journal Entry Details (MX_JE_DETAILS), the TipoEnvio tag is used to indicate whether a document is a Declaration (N) or a Correction (C). During the Declaration phase, the TipoEnvio should appear as equal N (TipoEnvio = “N”) and during the Correction phase, as equal C (TipoEnvio = “C”).
How to change TipoEnvio from Declaration to Correction
- Run the report in Declaration phase.
Now, when you open the XML file, the TipoEnvio should appear in the Header as equal to “N” (TipoEnvio = “N”).
- In Runs, select the Report Run you are making corrections on.
- Select Update Submission Status and choose Content Accepted by Government.
- Search for the report again and open it.
This causes the button Start New Phase to appear at the top of the screen.
- Select Start New Phase.
- Set the date for the new phase.
- Run the report.
Now, in the new XML generated, the TipoEnvio should be equal to “C” (TipoEnvio = “C”).
After following this tutorial, your corrections document is compliant with the requirements made by the SAT (Servicio de Administración Tributaria).
If you have any questions about this scenario, please comment below.
Also, you leave feedback or suggest topics for future blog posts.
- Learn more about Legal Reports for Mexico: Click here.
- Do you have questions about VAT Reporting for Mexico in? Check our FAQ Note for VAT Reporting.
- Click here to see SAP Note 3169254.
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: VAT Declaration | SAP Help Portal
- SAP S/4 HANA OP: VAT Declaration | SAP Help Portal
- Follow the SAP Document and Reporting Compliance topic page and tag to keep up with new blog posts.