PR Ageing using Bucket List in SAC
In this Blog we’ll see how to calculate PR ageing using Bucket List concept in SAC. PR in SAP is nothing but Purchase Requisition which is a document that is used to request the purchase of goods or services and is used in MM (Material Management) Module. It’s the first step in the procurement process, setting into motion a series of actions that lead to the fulfilment of organizational needs.
To know more about PR, go through the below link.
Importance of PR in MM
- Initiation: It begins as a formal request within an organization, signalling the need for specific goods or services.
- Authorization: PRs require approval from appropriate authorities, ensuring adherence to budget and company guidelines.
- Budget Control: PRs help manage expenditures by aligning purchases with allocated budgets.
- Documentation: They serve as records, detailing item specifics, quantities, preferred suppliers, and delivery deadlines.
- Efficiency: PRs streamline procurement, enhancing organization, reducing errors, and ensuring accountability.
- In my case I have used an excel file as Data Source.
- In order to get the data source to SAC use the modeler.
- Create a New Model by selecting “From a CSV or Excel File“.
- You’ll be taken to the modeler and make necessary changes to the Data. To know more about Data Models, go through the following link. Introduction to Data Models in SAP Analytics Cloud | SAP Blogs
- After creating model go to stories and get the modelled data to stories.
- Create a Table and pass necessary dimensions and measures.
- Now we have to create ageing column based on Current Date with PR date as reference.
- Select the table and go to builder where you’ll find an option to create story calculation.
- Since we are calculating ageing, we take the type as ‘Date Difference‘ and the granularity in days. Here we are taking Current Date as Time(A) and PR Date as Time(B).
- Upon Creation of Ageing column, we would like to simplify it by creating a Bucket List. Since we are creating a calculated dimension based on Ageing, we’ll use Measure-Based Dimension.
- Give Range based on ageing days like the below screenshot.
- After creating the dimension you can see bucket list range in the table
- In order to get count value of the Bucket List, we need to create a new calculated measure.
- Finally, you can visualize PR Ageing using different parameters.
In this way we can achieve PR Ageing using Bucket List. Hope you got an idea about Ageing and how to use Measured-Based Dimensions. In future Blogs I’ll cover more about Ageing using different scenarios. If you have any queries, you can reach out to me or use comment section.