SAP GUI – Transaction Code – ST12
last updated: 2023-09-07
The article explains the SAP GUI – TCODE (Transaction Code): ST12 usage in details.
- SAP Help Portal – SAP GUI for Windows
- SAP Community – SAP GUI – SAP GUI Family
- 147519 – Maintenance strategy / deadlines for SAP GUI for Windows / SAP GUI for Java
Transaction Code ST12 developed to overview and analyze a single transaction.
ST12 – Single Transaction Analysis
Screen: Single transaction analysis
Initial screen where trace can be recorded, based on the measurements. Also the analyzation steps can be done from here.
During analyzation the following values are necessary (to identify the proper trace entry):
Click on the ‘Full screen’ button and open the overview screen of all the traces collected.
Screen: Trace analyses fullscreen list
Overview screen of all the traces collected. The proper one can be selected from the list.
Click on ‘ABAP trace’ button to move SE30.
Click on ‘SQL trace summary’ button to move ST05.
Screen: SQL Summary (ST05)
Detailed information about the SQL commands.
Click on ‘Explain’ button to move Display Execution Plan for SQL Statement screen.
Screen: Trace analysis (SE30) – ABAP Trace Per Call
Detailed information about the ABAP trace. In the below example the execution takes long time because of the database part. Header chart shows information about this, also the ‘Net’ and ‘Gross in %’ columns shows the same conclusion.
Further information available, click on ‘DB’ link.
Screen: SQL Summary for Code location
Screen: SQL Summary – Statement details
Investigate further: ST04 – – > Performance – – > SQL Plan Cache menu and find the SQL statement hash based on the SQL statement string.
Screen: Display Execution Plan for SQL Statement
What blog posts can be helpful?
- ST12 Trace – Step by step instruction on how to use it for analysis
- Single Transaction Analysis (ST12) getting started
- ST12 – tracing function modules
Which SAP Knowledge Base Article belongs to the topic?
- 755977 – ST12 “ABAP Trace for SAP EarlyWatch/GoingLive”
- 2540971 – How to run a ST12 Performance Trace
- 2436955 – How to collect and analyze traces using ST12 (single transaction analysis)
Other articles in this series
- SAP GUI – Transaction Code – SM21
- SAP GUI – Transaction Code – SM37
- SAP GUI – Transaction Code – ST11
- SAP GUI – Transaction Code – ST22
Do you have further questions?
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have question or observation regarding the article.
SAP Community for SAP GUI: https://community.sap.com/topics/gui
If you find any missing information belongs to the topic, please let me know. I am happy to add the new content. My intention is to maintain the content continuously to keep the info up-to-date.
|2023.09.07||First/initial Release of the SAP Blog Post documentation (Product Information).|