Document Information Extraction Templates with SAP Business One
As a user of SAP Business One you can consume the capabilities of Document Information Extraction (which is part of the SAP AI Business Services Portfolio) for importing documents to SAP Business One.
In this blog I would like to provide summary of how to better use its potential in connection to the newly delivered functionality.
The additional functionality coming in the release of SAP Business One FP 2305 include the following template management feature:
- Using the Templates as part of the Document Information Extraction service. The details of the template feature are provided in this blog. The advantage of the using of the templates is to specify for repeating layouts a template which will improve the extraction results for the documents of this type.
- As part of the Template feature there is a possibility to define also a constant value for a specific output field. Therefore, for example if you know that template shall over the layouts of particular vendor you can specify its name or Tax ID as a constant value and then you can make sure that the specific value is always there.
- The template can help to work for additional languages. For example the documents in Hebrew can be processed with better recognition result.
- For standard integration between SAP Business One and Document Information Extraction service there is used in the background the feature of “autoselect” of the template. It means the following:
- If there is no template used for a specific Document Information Extraction service account there is always used the standard model.
- If there is a template used then service tries to match the particular document to the base template. However, if there is not any match the standard model is used for the data extraction.
- The standard integration solution supports the templates created for the standard SAP scheme – “SAP_Invoice_Schema”. The scheme includes all standard fields included in the Document Information Extraction service.
The processing with template is similar to the basic functionality:
- The Document Information Extraction protocol is setup and activated
- The Electronic Document Service is running with “ConnectorDOX-1 (DOX)” processing
- The document in pdf (or other supported format) is taken from the predefined location by the Electronic Documents Service.
- The document is processed to the Document Information Extraction service considering the above mentioned “autoselect” option.
- The result is generated in a form of a JSON file. The processed document JSON file would include the following elements:
- The results is stored in ECM8 table in the SAP Business One database and then it can be processed by wizard – Electronic Documents Import Wizard (EDIW) for Document Information Extraction protocol.
The completion process in the Electronic Documents Import Wizard was enhanced in version SAP Business One 2305, see the related blog.
This is a short summary of available functionality in SAP Business One. It should help you to get the better results from the integration between SAP Business One and Document Information Extraction service.
Regardless of the industry it’s undeniable that with the help of AI, specifically the Document information Extraction, can help you overcome various challenges in the area of data recognition.
I would like to ask you to share your feedback or thoughts in a comment or ask questions in the Q&A tag area here:
The additional related materials can help you as well:
The template feature with own schema can be used for the SAP Build Process Automation automations. Please see the related documentation in Open SAP microlearning.
Related documentation for the set-up of an account on the SAP Business Technology platform can be viewed at the following Web link.