SAP Service Cloud V2 | How to Create Autoflow (Workflow)
In the latest SAP Service Cloud V2 update, the familiar Workflow Management has undergone a rebranding, emerging as the more user-friendly Autoflow Management system (which is still being updated). This transition offers a new and intuitive way to optimize processes, marking a significant evolution from the previous Workflow Management
In this blog we cover the steps involved in creation of Autoflow.
What is Autoflow Management?
Autoflow includes the creation of rules that can launch a variety of actions, such as sending event notifications to integrated solutions, notifying users within apps, and sending business object emails automatically.
Autoflow creation consists of Conditions and Actions
Conditions are organised into groups and include requirements that need to be met in order for a workflow action to be initiated. The logical operators AND/OR can be used to define multiple conditions. Conditions from the same group of conditions can be used to define the AND operator. Use the OR operator to combine more than one condition. Create a new group to represent the OR operator among the workflow conditions, ensuring that the workflow rule is activated if the conditions in at least one group are satisfied.
Actions are the result of the autoflow or what should be the output when the autoflow is triggered.
At present there are three action types: Send Emails, Send Event Notifications and Send Info Notifications.
Entities are objects to which the autoflow is to be created. Currently the following entities are available,
- Functional Location
- Installed Base
- Phone Calls
- Product Installation Point
- Registered Product
- Service Order
- Service Quotation
- Service Order
Steps to create an Autoflow
Navigate to Settings -> Autoflow and click on Create Workflow.
Autoflow creation screen holds 4 important sections,
- Entities: The objects to which the autoflow is to be triggered. for example: Case/Email
- Event Type: When should the autoflow be triggered i.e., either on Creation, Update, Explicit Trigger
- Conditions: What are the fields to which the condition has to be set to.
- Actions: What should be the result of the autoflow.
Let us create a sample Workflow which will help to trigger e-mail to the customer notifying on the creation of case with case type as complaint.
Select the entity as ‘Case‘
In the event type select ‘Create Case‘
Input the condition as:
- Field: Type Code (Case)
- Operator: Equals to
- Value: ZCOM (which is my custom Case Management type created)
Next step is selecting what type of action is to be performed,
Select action as Send Email.
Click on Save and Activate.
You will be able to see the newly created Autoflow in Custom Rules section in Business Flow tile.
There are some important points to be considered while creating an autoflow,
- The maximum number of OR conditions allowed per rule is 10.
- The maximum number of AND conditions allowed per rule is 10.
- The maximum number of action cards allowed per action type is 5.
- Custom extension fields will also be available for selection once they are defined.
- Currently the email action is supported only for the entities such as Cases, Leads and Tasks.
The autoflow triggers can be checked via Autoflow Monitoring.