Top Picks: Innovations Highlights from SAP Business Technology Platform (Q2/2023)
While most of you are enjoying the well deserved summer vacation our development is delivering a lot of new innovations, enhacements and features. So, I´m really excited to present you a subset of innovation highlights including an outlook on what´s planned for 2023. So let me share my personal highlights of the SAP Business Technology Platform roadmap for Q2 2023.
SAP BTP Innovation Highlights Q2 2023:
Application Development & Automation:
- With the 2305 SAP BTP ABAP Environment release, the development team delivered 40 new features, most notably in the areas of Partner Enablement, ABAP Development Tools, and Performance Monitoring. Check them out.
- Many new triggers for processes and automations have been released for SAP Build Process Automation. SAP Build Process Automation is now able to propagate the security context of the business user while using actions for cloud and on-premise integration scenarios. Additionally the same feature can be used between a process and a subprocess to help ensure full context propagation and auditability. The next feature highlight ‘Reusable Rule’ function within decisions. This new capability allows for an easily reusable rule integration into other rules, offering specific functionality required across multiple business rules. You want to get more features check out the April and May post of ENKHZUL SUKHBAYAR.
- In my last top innovation picks blogs I mentioned the releases of the Slack and Splunk adapters as well as Microsoft Azure Storage and the RabbitMQ. With the provisioning of Microsoft 365 adapter in Q2 we provide a built-in connectivity for the Microsoft 365 collaborative platform. It supports for example MS 365 applications like Excel or OneNote, files and content app with OneDrive, e-mail and calendar applications such as Outlook and Calendar. Feel free to look at the SAP API Business Hub to get more information.
- Talking of Integration I´m happy to share that with the SAP Integration Solution Advisory Methodology got released. With that, SAP offers a methodology that supports the design of a hybrid integration platform. It provides a guided approach to asses an integration strategy. For the design of the integration strategy you have the option to leverage the Integration Assessment capability or use dedicated templates which can be downloaded from the documemtation. Want to know more? Take a look at the blog post of Konstantin Heine.
- In addition the existing guiding content got enhanced and now covers as well the SAP Customer Experience solution portfolio for receiving suitable integration technology recommendations through the Integration Assessment capability within SAP Integration Suite.
We have also started to provide standard APIs to integrate other systems with the Integration Assessment capability. This will allow new scenarios when designing an integration architecture tool chain in future. Check out the video.
Data and Analytics:
- SAP Analytics Cloud brings together analytics and planning with the integration of SAP application.To optimize your story experience we merged the self-service story builder with the pro-code analytics designer front end in one simplified shell for SAP Analytics Cloud. Next to that we released many new features that can be explored in the blog post of Jie Deng and the video.
- With Q2 we released the feature of re-using SAP S/4HANA semantics efficiently in SAP Datasphere. The import entities wizard helps you to load data from your SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA on-premise connections via semantically-rich objects. In addition it supports to fully leverage your S/4HANA and S/4HANA Cloud semantic CDS views in SAP Datasphere. This function is also available for SAP S/4HANA on premise data sources. Check out the article to learn how it works.
- Nowadays technologies are reshaping the way businesses operate. Also within SAP BTP we use AI to make applications and processes more intelligent. With the new content package for large language models for SAP AI Core, you can now save a lot of time setting up the Docker images and templates necessary to integrate natural language capabilities into your software. The content package integrates SAP AI Core with the large language models provided by Azure OpenAI, providing you with a powerful tool for building language-based applications quickly. Check out the blog post of Carl Isaac to find out more.
- Talking of AI one of the services offered by SAP Business Service portfolio is Document Information Extraction. With the help of the service it is possible to process standard documents like invoices, purchase orders and others, directly out of the box. In addition to documents, you can now extract text from images using the OCR engine for scene text recognition. Simply take a photo and send it via the API to Document Information Extraction. Want to know how it works? Check out the blog post of Maria Goepfert.
Cross SAP BTP
- With Q2, SAP Continuous Integration and Delivery service allows you to come up with running build, test and deploy pipeline for SAP-specific development use cases on SAP BTP in minutes – without expertise and own infrastructure. You can use simple extension points that allow you to add your own logic to these pipeline templates in the form of scripts. Check out the blog post of Holger Partsch and the blog post of Sarah Lendle to find out more.
- In addition, the B2B Library of GS1 XML Messages got added to the predefined Type System content in Integration Advisor of SAP Integration Suite. Associated with this content the support for namespace handling in XML messages got extended. Feel free to take a look at the blog post of Joerg Ackermann to find out more.
SAP BTP Innovation Highlights outlook:
Please find here my personal innovation highlights outlook coming up:
- Application Development & Automation: SAP Build Apps: Integration with SAP SuccessFactors solutions
- Integration: Edge Integration Cell for on-premise and hybrid integration scenarios including API-led integrations
- Artificial Intelligence: Document classification capability as part of Document Information Extraction
- Data and Analytics: Next-generation natural language query (NLQ) powered by AI for SAP Analytics Cloud
- Cross SAP BTP: SAP Cloud Transport Management: Option to transport content for SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Mobile Service; Provisioning of global accounts and directory members through the Identity Provisioning service
Check out all upcoming innovations in our SAP Road Map Explorer to learn more.
Join us for SAP TechEd – Where ideas get real!
At SAP TechEd, we bring the best together to share ideas and solutions on how to turn ideas into reality. Learn the latest technologies and best practices to ensure having the skills to stay relevant and knowledge to be one step ahead. Registration is already open.
- Follow the Roadmap Explorer, which is updated on a regular basis to always stay on top of the latest innovations
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get all SAP BTP product news
- Check out the next blog post beginning of Q4/2023 summarizing the highlights of the previous quarter
- If you want to be up to date on the latest SAP BTP news and innovations check out the new monthly SAP Innobytes video series
- Mark your calendar for the latest SAP events coming up
👉🏽Read other SAP Business Technology Platform blog posts and check the SAP Business Technology Platform Topic Page where you can also ask questions. Feel free to follow my profile Stephanie Stang that you do not miss my next personal view of innovation highlights for SAP BTP for Q3 2023.