Activate SAP HANA Cloud
As detailed in the main blog, this is the second step to ready your infrastructure for the CAPM journey.
- Open SAP BTP trial cockpit and log in with your credentials. you will be able to view the below screen.
- click on the “Go To Your Trial Account” will navigate you to the below screen
- Now clock on the “Subaccounts”, trial. it will navigate you to the below screen
- Click on “Cloud Foundry” and further click on “Space”. Click on the default space, “dev”.
- You can now see the HANA cloud in the left hand panel as shown below. Click on the same.
- Click on the create button drop down and choose “SAP HANA Database”
- it will open a new window. Choose the option “Sign in with default identity provider”.
- Once you logged in select “SAP HANA Cloud, SAP HANA Database’ option and click on “Next”.
- In the next screen input instance name. You can choose any name. In this case i am giving “HDBTRIAL01”.
- Note your admin user name and provide a password
- Click on “Next Step” until it reach to the step 5 as shown below.
- Choose “All IP address” option and enable “Cloud Connector” as shown above.
- Continue with Next Step. Activate the “Data Lake” if you wish to. In my case, i am enabling “Data Lake as well. Please refer here to know more about Data Lake.
- I am using “HDBLAKE01” as the instance name. Follow the instruction in the screen and finally hit the “Review and Create Button”.
- Choose the “Create Instance” option from the next screen. It will take some time to create the instance. Please wait until it gets created.
- Once successfully created, you will be able to see 2 instances running. One for SAP HANA Database and second for the Data Lake. If you have not enabled Data Lake, you will see only one instance.
You are now able to activate your SAP HANA cloud instance. We will now continue with the activation of HDI container in the next blog.