Celebrating the new feature pack FP04 of PLM System Integration for Siemens Teamcenter and S/4HANA or SAP ERP
Today, I am very happy to announce the availability of PLM system integration, release 2.0 FP04. In combination with software from an external PLM system, for example, the corresponding Teamcenter Gateway for PLM system integration from Siemens, it offers enhanced end-to-end, out–of-the box processes, further improving the collaboration between engineering and “business“.
Improved integration with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition, SAP S/4HANA or SAP ERP
The integration between these SAP systems and an external PLM system like Siemens Teamcenter comes with new highlights to achieve even richer data integration in the following areas:
Feature Pack 4 allows you to transfer local and global (embedded) inspection characteristics for:
- Classic production planning (PP) routings
- SAP S/4HANA Manufacturing for production engineering and operations (PEO production integration portal)
Vendor Integration (for SAP S/4HANA)
The following enhancement has been made to vendor integration:
- You can assign vendor data to a document and send document version data with vendor links that were created via the integration to Siemens Teamcenter (see below).
Our document integration capabilities have been extended to enrich your business experience. The following features are available:
You can now transfer documents from SAP solutions to Siemens Teamcenter:
- Exchange of document details
- Exchange of physical files
- Exchange of vendor data linked to the document (for SAP S/4HANA)
Production Operation List Integration
The following enhancements have been made to production operation list integration:
- Support of criticality codes and weighting of characteristics
- Set default effectivity values for model unit effectivity
- Assign embedded inspection characteristics to Domain Model operations or suboperations
Asynchronous Data Processing
This new feature pack offers an asynchronous communication pattern between Siemens Teamcenter and the SAP system.
Asynchronous communication is supported for inbound maintain requests for all Meta Domain Model objects.
The following enhancements have been made to enable your own custom logic:
You can use a number of new BAdIs to implement customer-specific logic for the various types of Domain Model object, for example, for change object, document version, product version, product operation list, and variant configuration.
The following enhancements have been made to our reporting capabilities:
You can use new reports for data clean-up to keep your system up to date and lean:
- Regularly clean out message and status data along with the dependent logging data for PLMSI.
- Delete existing key mapping entries for a selected PLMSI integration pattern in case an error occurred.
- Extract or download message payloads.
- Display or delete message object counters.
For detailed information on our new and enhanced features for feature pack 4, check out our What’s New Viewers:
As the “PLM system integration” is a standard SAP product, you can find more information in the usual places:
SAP Help Portal:
SAP Product Availability Matrix (SAP login required):
SAP Software Download Center (SAP license required)
SAP Roadmap Explorer:
For information on integrating an external PLM system with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out this blog!