User Experience Insights
Custom queries protected from deletion
With SAP Sales & Service Cloud 2305 release briefing, SAP had come up with a great extensibility feature in Cloud for Customer.
As an administrator, it is now possible to protect the custom queries across all the objects such as Accounts, Leads, Opportunities and many more from getting renamed or deleted by the end users.
With this, we can now create multiple custom queries and can protect any individual or all the queries at once.
Note: We can protect the new custom queries as well as the custom queries which were created before this 2305 release briefing.
PROCEDURE TO PROTECT THE CUSTOM QUERIES:
- Navigate to any respected object say “Leads” Object and click on “Start Adaptation” option.
- Click on the “Advance Search” icon à click on “Organize Queries” option.
- For the custom Queries say “Lead_Test”, protect option is available and we can enable it.
- Click on save and then end the adaptation.
Scenario 1: Before enabling the protect option for the custom query in adaptation:
- In adaptation, before enabling the protect option for the custom query “Lead_Test”:
- Hence, as a user in OWL screen, we can observe that the custom query “Lead_Test” is editable i.e., it can be renamed or also can be removed it from the queries list.
- And, if the user is trying to delete it from Personalization mode, it will allow to do so.
Scenario 2: After enabling the protect option for the custom query in adaptation:
- In adaptation, after enabling the protect option for the custom query “Lead_Test”:
- Hence, as a user we can notice that the custom query “Lead_Test” is not editable i.e., the user will not be able to rename it or can delete/remove it from the OWL screen.
- And, if the user is trying to delete it from Personalization mode, it will not allow to do so.
Please let me know if you have any queries on the same.