What’s new for buyers in the August release of SAP Business Network Discovery
Starting on August 18th, SAP Ariba Discovery will be rebranded to “SAP Business Network Discovery”.
For buyers who leverage SAP Business Network Discovery directly to create and manage business postings, we are bringing you a more connected sourcing experience on SAP Business Network. You can now access SAP Business Network Discovery right from your Trading Partner Portal under the “Discovery” tab.
In addition to the new name and user interface, this upcoming release introduces enhanced capabilities to help you source alternate sources of supply faster and have more control over your postings’ details:
- Centralized experience to create postings, manage RFQs/RFIs, and award business to selected suppliers
- Ability to set supplier preferences and be matched based on your specifications, such as indicating that you want to support minority-owned businesses
- Improved notifications to keep you better informed throughout the RFI process
- Define clear time and date for response and decision deadlines, all displayed in the user’s local system time zone
- Schedule postings to be published in the future
- Automatically publish posts as soon as they’re created – quarantine statuses are removed
Please note that this release will occur in phases, beginning on August 18th. Once the release is enabled for your account, you will see the “Discovery” tab in your SAP Business Network Trading Partner Portal.
However, if you are currently leveraging SAP Business Network Discovery capabilities through your SAP Ariba Sourcing solution, your access will continue as it is today with no changes.