SAP User Experience in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition 2308
Welcome to the second release of the year! July 26 marked the general availability of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2308 release, and as usual, our developers at SAP have done an amazing job at implementing innovations and enhancements that make your daily work life easier. A great user experience is the first step to high user satisfaction. Therefore, I am happy to show you how we enhance user experience in this release. Watch my video below to see my top highlights:
Figure 1: Watch this video to learn about the highlights for SAP User Experience in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2308.
This blog post covers the following topics:
- Update on Spaces and Pages and My Home
- General Availability of SAP Start
- Collaboration: New Features for the Collaborative ERP and SAP Collaboration Manager
- Customer Influence and Further UX Features
Spaces and pages are SAP’s go-to approach for visualization and layout on the SAP Fiori launchpad. Compared to groups on the classic home page, they structure the access to apps following work processes in an intuitive and efficient way. Switching from groups to spaces and pages will not only offer you a more structured and better-organized setup on the SAP Fiori launchpad, but it will also enable you to use the My Home in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, which we introduced last year as your new standard entry page orchestrating information, tasks, and applications. In this release, we offer enhancements to the following sections:
- SAP Fiori launchpad header: We added a color-coded system information bar that displays the tenant name and role. This helps you to identify which system type you’re using at first glance. In all non-productive systems, it is displayed by default; for productive systems, you can easily maintain it in the ‘Manage Launchpad Settings‘ app. Find more information here.
- Navigation bar: You will be able to (un)pin spaces and change their sequence.
- My Home ‘To Dos’ section: We give you the ability to manually trigger a refresh of your tasks and situations and see when the last refresh was.
- My Home ‘Pages’ section: Relevant ‘What’s New’ information customized and enabled by the administrator will be displayed. Additionally, you can re-arrange page tiles through drag and drop.
- My Home ‘Insights’ section: You can now add insight cards based on SAP Fiori elements ‘Analytical List Page’ applications.
- My Home ‘Apps and Activities’ section: We support the grouping of favorite apps via drag and drop incl. the adjustment of the group name and color-coding.
Spaces and pages and My Home are already the default for new systems and will be mandatory for all systems starting from the next release–so, if you’re still on groups, we encourage you to switch to spaces and pages today! Read more about the switch from groups to spaces and pages here.
Read more in Sylvie Charpentier’s blog post.
Figure 2: The My Home in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition orchestrates information, tasks, and applications at one glance. New enhancements make it more user friendly.
SAP Start is now generally available as the out-of-the-box central entry point into all SAP public cloud business solutions for customers that licensed SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, RISE with SAP, GROW with SAP, or SAP Build Work Zone, standard edition–no extra cost involved. It provides intuitive and easy access to all most relevant business information from all the integrated SAP cloud solutions in one central place. In there, you can search for apps from SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, SAP SuccessFactors, and Fieldglass and directly launch them as well as search for business objects in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition and SAP SuccessFactors. Additionally, you can access ‘To Do’s from all major SAP cloud business solutions (SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, SAP SuccessFactors, SAP Fieldglass, Ariba, Concur) and ‘Insights’ cards from SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition and SAP SuccessFactors. More business content from all other SAP Cloud business solutions is in planning. We’re targeting to release SAP Start for all other customers as well by the end of Q3 of this year. Stay tuned!
Figure 3: SAP Start provides intuitive and easy access to all most relevant business information from all the integrated SAP cloud solutions in one central place.
Virtual collaboration gains more and more importance in the digital enterprise. So, again in this release, we offer you new features that make for a next-level collaboration experience.
After a phased roll-out in the last release, the ‘Share as Tab’ feature of the collaborative ERP is now generally available! The seamless integration to Microsoft Teams allows you to expose live data directly from your SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition system as “tabs” to Microsoft Teams channels, groups, or chats and give your co-workers easy access to up-to-date filtered information. The SAP S/4HANA for Microsoft Teams app is required. You can activate the pre-integrated capability in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition based on SAP_COM_0860.
Figure 4: With the ‘Share as Tab’ option, you will be able to expose live data directly from your SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition system as “tabs” to Microsoft Teams channels, groups, or chats.
SAP Collaboration Manager
This innovative, cloud-based collaboration feature was introduced in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2302 to replace the human-to-human chat function of the former SAP CoPilot in the three-system landscape. It is seamlessly integrated in the SAP Fiori launchpad to enable collaboration directly in the system. Adding to the peer-to-peer chat functions shipped in the last release, we now deliver new features to give you an even more straightforward collaboration experience. With this release, you will be able to:
- Link your chat to any screen in your apps for reference,
- Take screenshots without having to close the SAP Collaboration Manager and annotate, highlight, or conceal areas within them,
- Find out which screen your screenshot was created from,
- And see how many unread messages you have received on the SAP Collaboration Manager icon.
Read what more is planned with the SAP Collaboration Manager here.
Figure 5: We offer a next-level collaboration experience with more features for the SAP Collaboration Manager.
Our top priority has always been ensuring a seamless and straightforward user experience. Reacting to your feedback and requirements is the key to achieving this. The main input channel where we receive your requirements is the SAP S/4HANA Cloud for User Experience and Cross-Topics, public edition customer influence page. To make sure we collect all your requests, we emphasize the importance of the channel and increase the threshold to 10 to get a better focus. We review permanently and stop all improvement requests that are older than 18 months and have not (yet) met the current voting threshold. Based on UX importance, here is a status report of features that were delivered and that are still in process/planning stage:
- UI Masking for SAP S/4HANA Cloud (10)
→ a Customer Engagement Initiative is running.
- Enable dynamic dates for single date fields … (8)
→ delivered with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2308*
- Show the correct environment in the SAP Fiori surface (7)
→ delivered with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2308*
- Upload custom logo without having to use UI Theme Designer [2TV] (7)
→ planned for Q1/24 or Q3/24*
- Ctrl+Y Shortcut (6)
→ partially delivered (ABAP Lists, ALV Grids in classic UIs),
SAP Fiori UI5 tables planned for Q1/24*
*This is the current state of planning and may be changed by SAP at any time without notice.
Do you have an idea for improvement? We’d love to hear it! Submit your request here.
Figure 6: Request your improvement through our SAP S/4HANA Cloud for User Experience and Cross-Topics, public edition influence page.
Watch the Replays of Our SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition 2308 Early Release Series!
This July, we hosted a series of compelling live sessions from the heart of the SAP S/4HANA Engineering organization. Missed the live sessions? Watch our replays on demand!
Here, you can find a 57-minute recording and a presentation for SAP User Experience as well as 19 other topics as part of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2308 release. For more information on the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Early Release Series and how to sign up for it, check out this blog post.
Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast
As always, I would like to encourage you to subscribe to our podcast “Inside SAP S/4HANA”. This podcast leverages the unique knowledge and expertise of SAP S/4HANA product experts, partners and customers to address objects of interest by sharing product insights and project best practice. There is no customer success without product success and project success; we share all ingredients with you to get to the next level and make your SAP S/4HANA project a success. Subscribe now and benefit from the shared knowledge!
openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA
Our openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA offer an exciting new learning opportunity. What began with a small batch of 20 videos, has now become a channel with more than 50 microlearnings that have generated over 20,000 views. Today we cover multiple lines of business such as finance, manufacturing, and supply chain, and key technology topics like Master Data Management, key user extensibility, SAP User Experience, and upgrade management. We are continuously adding new microlearnings to the SAP S/4HANA channel, so make sure you check them out.
Your Voice Matters!
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, join our SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition community–now fully integrated with SAP Community. The community brings together customers, partners, and SAP experts and has a clear mission: deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about best practices and product solutions. We invite you to explore the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition community ‘one-stop shop’ as the central place for all resources, tools, content questions, answers and connect with experts to guide you through your journey to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition.
Other SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA Enablement Assets
SAP S/4HANA is the foundation of the intelligent enterprise and is an innovative, robust, and scalable ERP. We at Cloud ERP Product Success and Cloud Co-Innovation offer a service as versatile as our product itself. Check out the numerous offerings our Enablement team has created for you below:
- Highlights of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2308 release here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2308 intelligent ERP update here
- SAP User Experience in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2302 here
- SAP User Experience in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2208 here
- Switching from groups to spaces and pages in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition here
- Goodbye, SAP CoPilot–Hello, SAP Collaboration Manager here
- What’s new for My Home in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2308 here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition release info here
- Latest SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition release blog posts here and previous release highlights here
- Product videos for SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Early Release Series here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA here
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition community: here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here