User Experience Insights
The Evolution of SAP Fiori: From Classic to SAP Fiori 3.0
This blog provides an overview of the evolution of SAP Fiori from the early version Fiori Classic to the mid-release Fiori 2.0 and finally the current Fiori 3.0 release. Also, find out what has changed.
SAP Fiori is the new user experience (UX) for SAP software and applications. It provides traditional business practices such as business approval, budgeting, accounting practices, and a variety of personal services.
SAP Fiori, Human Resources, Production, Finance, etc. It provides more than 300 role-based applications. When you open the SAP Fiori Home application, you will see a picture of a flower. Because Fiori means “flower” in Italian.
SAP Fiori provides all business functions in real time through an efficient workflow. It provides an easy-to-use, simple, and seamless workflow for businesses on desktops, smartphones, and tablets.
SAP Fiori supports multiple device applications, allowing users to start a transaction on a desktop/laptop and continue the transaction on a smartphone or tablet. SAP has developed Fiori Applications based on the user interface UI5.
SAP Fiori Classic:
Launched in 2013, the Fiori Classic marked the first major step towards improving the user experience of SAP’s applications.
Focusing on simple, consistent, and responsible design, Fiori Classic aims to simplify tasks and provide users with a pleasant and responsive interface.
Fiori Classic design language is based on five principles: personality, adaptability, integration, simplicity, and happiness. These principles guide the development of end-to-end shared applications that meet the specific role of the user and adapt to a variety of devices and screen sizes while maintaining user relationships.
The launch of Fiori Classic has breathed new life into the SAP ecosystem and users are not limited to interactions and complexity. Instead, they get clean, intuitive, and focused work that leads to great results and shortens the learning curve for new users.
However, as technology and user expectations evolve, it is clear that further development is necessary to keep Fiori at the forefront of the UX Revolution.
SAP Fiori 2.0:
To solve the problems that arose and developed on the basis of the Fiori Classic, SAP introduced Fiori 2.0. As a step between Classic and Fiori 3.0, this release brings some important improvements to the Fiori environment.
One of the main points of Fiori 2.0 is the introduction of “Fiori Launchpad”, an access tool that allows users to access all SAP applications in one place. Launchpad has a customizable and easy-to-use interface that allows people to organize tiles and apps according to their preferences and functions.
Fiori 2.0 illustrates the importance of integration with the SAP business operations suite, making it easy for users to navigate through related activities and change ports without leaving Launchpad.
SAP Fiori 3.0:
Fiori 3.0 is more than an update; It is a revolutionary process that rethinks the way users interact with SAP applications. This release sets new standards for flexibility, functionality, and intelligence by providing users with a personalized and exciting interface.
Fiori 3.0 promises to unleash their full potential and transform the way they use software by putting users at the Centre of design.
From the Fiori Launchpad, which combines all SAP applications into a single access point, to integration with smart technologies, Fiori 3.0 is ready to revolutionize the way they do business and those who use SAP’s powerful solutions. Experience the future of business software as you unleash the magic of SAP Fiori 3.0, every interaction is a step towards perfection in the digital age.
Exploring the transition from Fiori Classic to Fiori 3.0:
SAP Fiori evolved from Fiori Classic to Fiori 3.0 for many important reasons, including technological advances, changing user expectations, and the need to provide more familiar and modern use.
- Theme (Colors): Now usually neutral gray – is called Quartz. Most of the Belizean blue content is still there and you can still use it if you want.
- Return to home page – Return to the home page at any time using the logo in the title bar.
- My Apps button in the name bar has been moved from the middle of the name to the left to the right of the logo. You can use it to access any application.
- Settings and other customization options – Moved from the “My Space” view on the left to the “User Actions” menu on the right of the top header.
- Notifications – moved from the right view in the top shell bar to the right side popup.
- User Assistance– moved to the right vertical sidebar.
- A new menu item allows the user or administrator to convert a standard 2×2 tile into a flat or linked tile.
- Search is visible and centered: Now the search field is always open and centered at the top of the screen, so you can directly enter your search terms without clicking the search icon for the first time.
- Add tiles directly to My Home: Until now, users had to use App Finder to add tiles to My Home if Launchpad’s own role was turned Users who see a tile on a Launchpad page can now add the tile directly to “My Page”, even if their personal page is closed, by selecting the first page in the menu, “Edit,” and then using the menu item. Tile and select Add to My Page.
- PDF export from tables: SAPUI5 tables now have a powerful PDF export feature to create immutable snapshots of data displayed in tables (such as financial records). User options include filter settings for font format, font size and orientation, font size, and accessibility, and whether to use advanced features such as fitting documents to a page or allowing users to sign in.
- Accelerate data entry with empty production lines: SAP has now introduced a feature in SAP Fiori elements that automatically provides a number of empty rows.
As a result, the evolution of SAP Fiori from Fiori Classic to Fiori 3.0 gives users Additional features. Deliver a personalized, consistent, and creative experience across devices while maintaining the latest updates. By following user needs and business trends, SAP develops the new Fiori design system to support users and organizations in their digital transformation.
Thanks and Regards,