Service in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition 2308
This blog shares highlights on Service in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2308.
Watch my video to get a glimpse of the new features:
Ad-hoc Billing Plans in Service Orders
In addition to the periodic billing plans, you can now use an ad hoc billing plan to define the dates on which billing is to occur and the value that is to be billed.
For fixed-price service order items with long duration, you can already create billing document requests on flexible dates and do not need to wait until the service order item is completed. With the ad-hoc billing plans, you can generate revenues much earlier than before.
In a service order item, you can go to Billing Plan section and create ad-hoc billing plans. You can specify the dates on which billing is to occur and the value that is to be billed. For each billing date, you can enter a billing request line manually.
You have the following benefits:
- Ad-hoc billing plan gives a possibility to generate revenue much earlier, compared to billing at the end when the fixed price service order or item has been completed.
- Mass run of billing plan scheduling is possible based on various selection criteria which help users to schedule billing document request generation in bulk for the fixed price items with billing plan.
You have now the following possibilities:
- Supports creation of billing for all fixed price item types.
- Flexibility in deciding the date on which billing document can be generated with planned amount.
- Scheduling a billing document request creation for the billing request lines from fixed price items in service order.
For more information, see: Ad Hoc Billing for Service Orders | SAP Help
Early Calculation for Ongoing Planned Cost and Revenue
In the previous release, a service order has to be first released until you can see the ongoing planned cost and revenue. You can now see the ongoing planned cost and revenue even when the service order has status Open or In Process.
In the Manage Service Orders app, the Planned Cost and Revenue section shows both the baseline and ongoing data. In a service order with Open or In Progress status, you can already see the ongoing Planned Cost and Revenue. When you make changes to service order items, the ongoing Planned Cost and Revenue will be updated directly after you save the service order.
Demo: Early Calculation for Ongoing Planned Cost and Revenue
Service Order Quotation: Configurable Service Products & Service Product Variants
Billing Plan: Days In Month & Days In Year
- Monthly Price – Days in Month: 30 or empty: allows to control whether the price per month should be always the same or dependent on the numbers of days in a month
- Yearly Price – Days in Year: 360 or empty: allows to control the daily price. “360” will give you an average price per day each month, “empty” the yearly price will be either divided through 365 or 366
Service Contract Number in the Output Form
- Service contract number on header level
- Service contract number and item number on item level
SOAP API Enhancements
The enhancements are for the following SOAP API for Service Orders:
- Inbound SOAP for Service Orders
- Inbound SOAP for Service Orders (Bulk)
- Outbound SOAP for Service Orders
- Outbound SOAP for Service Orders (Bulk)
- WBS Element: Business partner number; Business partner function; Is this partner the main partner
- Unplanned item indicator: indicating which item in the service order is an unplanned items
- Planned and actual duration rework: reworking of planned duration on service order and actual duration in service confirmation.
|Supported Feature||Supported Services|
|Inbound / Inbound (Bulk)||Outbound / Outbound (Bulk)||Outbound Notification|
|Unplanned Item Indicator||X||X|
|Planned and actual duration rework||X||X||X|
For more information, go to SAP API Hub
Watch the Replays of Our SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition 2308 Early Release Series!
This July, we hosted a series of compelling live sessions from the heart of the SAP S/4HANA Engineering organization. Missed the live sessions? Watch our replays on demand!
Here, you can find the recording and a presentation for Service as well as 19 other topics as part of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2308 release. For more information on the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Early Release Series and how to sign up for it, check out this blog post.
Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast
As always, I would like to encourage you to subscribe to our podcast “Inside SAP S/4HANA”. This podcast leverages the unique knowledge and expertise of SAP S/4HANA product experts, partners and customers to address objects of interest by sharing product insights and project best practice. There is no customer success without product success and project success; we share all ingredients with you to get to the next level and make your SAP S/4HANA project a success. Subscribe now and benefit from the shared knowledge!
openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA
Our openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA offer an exciting new learning opportunity. What began with a small batch of 20 videos, has now become a channel with more than 50 microlearnings that have generated over 20,000 views since then. Today we cover multiple lines of business such as finance, manufacturing, and supply chain, and key technology topics like Master Data Management, key user extensibility, SAP User Experience, and upgrade management. We are continuously adding new microlearnings to the SAP S/4HANA channel, so make sure you check them out.
Your Voice Matters!
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, join our SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition community–now fully integrated with SAP Community. The community brings together customers, partners, and SAP experts and has a clear mission: deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about best practices and product solutions. We invite you to explore the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition community ‘one-stop shop’ as the central place for all resources, tools, content questions, answers and connect with experts to guide you through your journey to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition.
Other SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA Enablement Assets
SAP S/4HANA is the foundation of the intelligent enterprise and is an innovative, robust, and scalable ERP. We at Cloud ERP Product Success and Cloud Co-Innovation offer a service as versatile as our product itself. Check out the numerous offerings our Enablement team has created for you below:
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition release info here
- Latest SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition release blog posts here and previous release highlights here
- Product videos for SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Early Release Series here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA here
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition community: here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
Follow us via @SAP and #S4HANA.