Test Automation Tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition – 2308 Release Overview
Welcome to another exciting update on the latest features of the Test Automation Tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition. A major focus this release has been to ensure our customers and partners are able to use the Post Upgrade Test(PUT) process to have a regression strategy in place for their various software lifecycle change events.
Post Upgrade Tests (PUT)
With the 2308 release we reach the critical stage where all customers will be using the PUT 2.0 process going ahead. We now have features in place for customers to scope, execute and analyse their automated regression suite using the PUT 2.0 process. Some of the important features delivered as part of 2308 are as follows:
- Manage Upgrade Tests(MUT) Redesign – Execution Variants
The MUT app provided our customers an easy way to choose the scope of their choice for PUT, the limitation being every time we needed to change the scope or use a selective scope we needed to make changes to the existing scope. This new design enables customers to create different “execution variants” to cater to different regression scope the customer might need.
Manage Upgrade Tests(MUT) – Execution Variants
- Pre-populate Test Data Container(TDC) with test data from PUT execution
This allows faster adoption of Test Data Container(TDC) by automatically provisioning the initial set of data into standard TDC bound with PUT automates. The data is populated by the automated data picking logic used in PUT execution.
- Trigger PUT for selected Execution variant
With the introduction of the execution variants concept, users can now with a single click trigger the PUT execution for the variant of their choice from the Test Your Process(TYP) application
- Additional checks and validation for authorised users in PUT
One common feedback from customers was how to check if the users maintained in the tool are still valid. We now provide a one click check on the Maintain Roles page to check if a user is still valid. Additional validations have been built in to validate URL’s as well.
- Execution Variants filter in the Analyse Automated Test Results(AATR) app
PUT Results in the AATR application can now be filtered by the Execution Variant used in the PUT execution. This provides a quick and easy way to access results from the latest PUT executions.
- A hyperlink is available to download PUT automates that have failed pre-check
PUT executions have some pre-checks done to validate if the necessary roles are available. There was no mechanism available to check these failed automates. This feature allows our end users to download the failed pre-check automates as well.
Some additional features which increase the overall user experience are as follows:
- There is now a way to delete multiple Test Plans which are not in use. The user can select a date range of the test plan creating and select multiple test plans which can then be deleted.
- A pop-up message will be displayed after every update of process steps in a test process
- A new filter has been added to the AATR application to filter out test plans which have a Test Data Container(TDC) associated with them
- New standard TDC’s have been added for Retail and Fashion, alongwith a new template for Retail
SAP Delivered Standard Automates
The total list of SAP delivered automated test scripts are 404 for 2308 and can be accessed via link – Automated Test Scripts Index”. This includes 20 new scope items which were added this release.
Important Links and Updates
We recently also conducted a 3-day webinar for our Partner Community : SAP S/4HANA Test Automation Tool – Partner Journey. The webinar is divided into 3 parts, introduction to tool, creating API and UI automates and advanced tool features.
As part of our PUT 2.0 Enablement also we have created a set of short videos which cover the most important aspects of the process. The video playlist can be accessed here.
Also continuing our trend of highlighting important blogs written on test automation topic below are some blogs we definitely recommend:
- Step by Step Guide – Running Automation Script in SAP Cloud ALM by Sonam Kukreja
- Getting to Your Destination Faster: How SaaS ERP is Like Riding the Subway for End-to-End Processes by Bert Schulze
- E2E testing for SAP is a mouse trap! Don’t fall for it – Decouple instead. by Michal Krawczyk
- FAQ to the Test Strategy Part 2 by Chandan Gurav
In addition we have 2 new blogs highlighting the API Test Framework and Manage Upgrade Test application by Aparna Vohra
- Creating API automates using the SAP S/4HANA Test Automation Tool
- PUT Regression Test Scoping – Manage Upgrade Tests App
Please bookmark the test automation community page to keep up with the latest updates happening in the test automation space.
For more details on the functionality please refer the links below:
Also refer FAQs