SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition 2308 Intelligent ERP Update
Welcome to the second blog post of the intelligent ERP blog post series for 2023. We will again share insights on the latest artificial intelligence technologies that will foster your journey to the intelligent enterprise.
Artificial intelligence and automation are two of the biggest technology trends that will massively transform businesses. Artificial intelligence will enable machines to learn and make decisions like humans, while automation will streamline processes and reduce human error.
July 26, 2023 marked the general availability of our SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2308 release. With SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition we offer a fully-fledged solution that leads to optimized processes for a successful business. How does it do that? The “intelligent” ERP combines the most modern technologies to automate business processes and predict business events to help your business to run smoothly with a unique suite of best of breed–our philosophy from day 1.
Take a look at my video below to get a first glimpse into what the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2308 release offers for the intelligent enterprise:
In the last release, I introduced you to our SAP Collaboration Manager. This innovative, cloud-based collaboration feature replaced the human-to-human chat function of the former SAP CoPilot in the three-system landscape. It is seamlessly integrated in the SAP Fiori Launchpad and offers you and your co-workers the possibility to instantly collaborate, without any system switchover. Here’s how it works:
An internal sales rep follows up on a ToDo and takes a screenshot of a purchase order that needs approval.
Using SAP Collaboration Manager, they create a chat and invite their co-workers to collaborate. In this release, we have made enhancements to offer an even more user-friendly collaboration experience. Now you will be able to:
- Link your chat to any screen in your apps for reference,
- Take screenshots without the need to close SAP Collaboration Manager, annotate, and highlight them,
- Receive chat notifications on the SAP Fiori launchpad as soon as your co-workers invite you,
Figure 1: We’ve packed the SAP Collaboration Manager with new features that offer a great user experience.
See what more is planned with the SAP Collaboration Manager here.
SAP Build Process Automation
We continuously work on automating your business processes wherever possible. With SAP Build Process Automation, we’re getting a step closer to this with each release. Since the last release we’ve added even more process automation bot templates that help you to get started quickly on the most on-demand use cases. These pre-delivered bot templates are fully compatible with SAP Build Process Automation 2.0, our newer bot environment where we can build bots directly in the SaaS application with the Cloud Studio following SAP’s low-code no-code approach. They can be further extended with workflow elements such as business rules or approval forms in order to flexibly automate larger, more complex business processes and involve more stakeholders beyond individual use cases. Check out our SAP Build Content Catalog to find out how these bots can help you to meet your automation goal.
Figure 2: The SAP Build Content Catalog offers a variety of bot templates that help you to automate your business process.
I would like to mention two interesting bots here:
- Aging Analysis of Supplier Invoices with Pay-When-Paid Terms: This bot generates an aging report of supplier invoices with pay-when-paid terms that are outstanding but still blocked for payment. The bot first identifies supplier invoices in your SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition system that meet criteria specified in an input template file. The bot then calculates the age in days of the matching supplier invoices. After execution, it generates an aging report in the Excel format that lists all the matching records, together with their supplier, customer, project, and billing information and sends an email together with this report to the specified stakeholders. The aging report generated by the bot facilitates exception management as it enables the accounts payable accountant to easily identify and prioritize past due supplier invoices that need to be paid, even if customer payment has not been received yet.
- Mass Creation of Purchase Orders: This bot creates purchase orders in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition system based on an Excel input file from the user. All you need to do is provide the purchase order details in the Excel template file. The bot reads the details in the Excel input file and creates the purchase orders in the system. It then saves the output files in the base folder.
Situation Handling Technology
We continuously optimize business processes with Situation Handling technology, informing the right users about business events that need their immediate attention to help you avoid any conflicts altogether! In this release, we offer two main scenarios:
- In Finance, the use case ‘Change of Credit Limit’ informs the credit analysts automatically when the credit limit of a business partner has changed. The change can happen through manual adjustments as well as due to automatic calculations. Credit analysts benefit from this notification, because they stay informed without having to proactively look up the information for business partners.
Figure 3: Situation handling, change of credit limit.
- In the Sourcing and Procurement area, we have the use case ‘Supplier Quotation Submitted’. With this use case, the rights users will be alerted when a new supplier quotation is submitted for sourcing project. This helps reduce processing time and potential for mistakes.
Figure 4: Situation handling for Supplier Quotation.
Intelligent Scenario Lifecycle Management (ISLM) is a framework that allows you to perform lifecycle management operations on machine learning scenarios. In this release, ISLM now supports Data Push Management for SAP Business Technology Platform based service Data Attribute Recommendation, for existing intelligent scenarios.
With Data Push Management, ISLM fetches data from the data sources in the system and pushes it to the remote ML provider. This makes it easy to do training with integrated data management handled via ISLM.
Figure 5: ISLM training scenario.
Et voila – now you’ve seen the amazing innovations the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2308 release delivers for the intelligent, sustainable enterprise.
Where can you go next and learn more about this release update and beyond?
Watch the Replays of Our SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition 2308 Early Release Series!
This July, we hosted a series of compelling live sessions from the heart of the SAP S/4HANA Engineering organization. Missed the live sessions? Watch our replays on demand!
Here, you can find a 53-minute recording and a presentation for intelligent technology topics as well as 19 other topics as part of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition 2308 release. For more information on the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Early Release Series and how to sign up for it, check out this blog post.
Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast
As always, I would like to encourage you to subscribe to our podcast “Inside SAP S/4HANA”. This podcast leverages the unique knowledge and expertise of SAP S/4HANA product experts, partners and customers to address objects of interest by sharing product insights and project best practice. There is no customer success without product success and project success; we share all ingredients with you to get to the next level and make your SAP S/4HANA project a success. Subscribe now and benefit from the shared knowledge!
openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA
Our openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA offer an exciting new learning opportunity. What began with a small batch of 20 videos, has now become a channel with more than 50 microlearnings that have generated over 20,000 views since then. Today we cover multiple lines of business such as finance, manufacturing, and supply chain, and key technology topics like Master Data Management, key user extensibility, SAP User Experience, and upgrade management. We are continuously adding new microlearnings to the SAP S/4HANA channel, so make sure you check them out.
Your Voice Matters!
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, join our SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition community–now fully integrated with SAP Community. The community brings together customers, partners, and SAP experts and has a clear mission: deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about best practices and product solutions. We invite you to explore the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition community ‘one-stop shop’ as the central place for all resources, tools, content questions, answers and connect with experts to guide you through your journey to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition.
Other SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA Enablement Assets
SAP S/4HANA is the foundation of the intelligent enterprise and is an innovative, robust, and scalable ERP. We at Cloud ERP Product Success and Cloud Co-Innovation offer a service as versatile as our product itself. Check out the numerous offerings our Enablement team has created for you below:
- Highlights of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition release here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition release info here
- Latest SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition release blog posts here and previous release highlights here
- Product videos for SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Early Release Series here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA here
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition community: here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here