SAP Business Network Asset Collaboration 2307 Release – What’s New?
This blog post provides an overview of key innovations in the 2307 Release of SAP Business Network Asset Collaboration. On July 23, 2023, we released exciting new SAP Business Network Asset Collaboration innovations for our customers.
Let me share some of the key highlights from the SAP Business Network Asset Collaboration 2307 Release:-
Latest Innovations – Collaborative Asset Definition
Blocking external organizations associated with embargoed countries to be converted into an invitee
- Now one cannot convert any external organizations associated with embargoed countries into an invitee.
UI enhancements for Request and Improvement Request applications
- The display of timelines is enhanced for mobile application.
- The progress circle section is removed in the equipment and model requests.
- Impact rating is removed for improvement requests.
Elastic Search : Showing Attribute Description as Default
- Attribute description will be shown as default in Filter, Attribute selection dialogue and result table.
- Attribute setting user still can choose Attribute ID and save their search variant.
Removal of public sharing of Equipment, Functional Location, Work Order, Notification, Groups
- One cannot share Equipment, Functional Location, Work Orders, Notifications and Groups publicly (to the public group) from the Network Authorization or respective object pages.
Elastic Search : Search Object based on attribute without values
- Floc/Equipment/ Model search based on attribute without value will be possible using respective Public API.
- This Key possible from API and not part of UI.
Public API to assign Spare Parts to Functional Locations
- A new API is now available to assign spare parts to functional locations.
Latest Innovations – Collaborative Maintenance and Service
New Confirmation application
Separate application to view confirmation across Work Order operation.
- Operator/service planner can execute the set of available actions at one place.
New Completeness column in Work Order list page
Monitor the progress of work order
- List pages provides the updates in the completeness of the Work Order operation
New Confirmation column in Work Order list page
Number of confirmations available for an Operation are displayed as link
- Clicking on the confirmation number opens a popup with the list of confirmation created for this operation.
Work order operation Collaboration Statuses – Rules
- Rules have been introduced for collaboration statuses to enable or disable the status buttons as applicable for the selected operations.
|Current Status||Allowed Status Change|
|New work order (with no status)||Accept, Reject, or In Review|
|Work order is accepted||Reject, In Progress, Partially Completed, Finally Completed|
|Work order is rejected||Accept, In Review|
|Work order is in review||Accept, Reject|
|Work order is in progress||Reject, Partially Completed, Finally Completed|
|Work order is partially completed||No change allowed|
|Work order is finally completed||No change allowed|
Create Notification for a Technical Object
- When creating a new notification, previously one had to select if one wants to create the notification for an equipment or functional location. Now, one can now view both equipment and functional location in the technical object list of the New Notification page. One can identify the object using the Object Type column.
Work Orders: Follow-On Notification
- When creating a new notification, the count of number of existing notifications is displayed in the Existing Notifications field of the New Notification page. On clicking the number, the notification list is displayed.
Work Orders: Usability Improvements
- As a maintenance planner, one can now view the completeness indicator in the work order header section. It is a progress bar that indicates the completeness of operations for a work order.
- A new column Access Privilege in the operation list of the work order object page is now available to view if one has a read or write access to the work order – operation.
- New Column Confirmation introduced in the operation list of the work order object page to display the number of confirmations available for the operation. On clicking the number the confirmation list is displayed.
Detailed information could be found in the following link.
The above summarises the key innovations for 2307, We hope you enjoy the new capabilities in this release .Thanks for reading the blog post and Stay tuned! To learn more about SAP Business Network Asset Collaboration visit SAP- BusinessNetwork- AssetCollaboration