New learning journey: Exploring differences between SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence 4.3 and 4.2
We have recently released a new delta learning journey for SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence 4.3 and 4.2, covering topics as described below:
New, simplified and rejuvenated user interfaces for BI Launch Pad and Web Intelligence have been released in SAP BI 4.2 SP4 and improved in the following Support Packages. These new interfaces, based on SAP FIORI and HTML5, came as a complement of the classic interfaces since they were not on parity.
With the SAP BI 4.3 release, a new milestone has been reached. Missing features have been implemented; which make the classic BI Launch Pad version as well as the Web Intelligence DHTML and Java clients obsolete. Only the new FIORI-based interface is released in SAP BI 4.3.
SAP BI 4.3 is the foundation for future enhancements intended to make the Web Intelligence and Semantic Layer the main SAP analytics on premise offering to cover requirements for operational reporting, ad-hoc query, analysis and self-service dashboards.
Here is a small overview of the many new features of SAP BI 4.3:
Let your users ask any business question on your data
Create ad hoc queries on your data thanks to the Semantic Layer:
- Let your users access business details rather than technical DB jargons.
- Enable “one version of the True” for your Operational Reporting.
- Connect securely to any data sources, on-premise and in the cloud.
Transform your data to meet your analytical requirements
Acquire, explore and prepare your data through an intuitive interface:
- Use extensive query capabilities to get answers to your business questions.
- Preview and explore, via facets navigation, your data to gain confidence and trust.
- Easily combine data flows, from diverse sources, into a unified dataset.
- Prepare and apply transformative actions to your data to meet your analytical and operational reporting needs.
Create visual insights to interact and analyze your data
Web Intelligence allows the creation of dynamic information for all your users:
- Modern and easy to use interfaces for the viewers and designers
- Refresh securely your data automatically or interactively, by specifying the scope
- Design interactive Dashboards and/or paginated Reports for your users
- Enable interactive visualization and analysis thanks to a powerful formula language
- Pixel perfect measurement for meet high formatting criteria
- “Export to” capabilities to share your document in the format of your choice
- Share your insight with Commentaries
This learning journey focuses on the differences between SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence 4.3 and 4.2.
You will learn how to create documents for reporting and analytical purposes in this version and how previous features are exposed in its new interface.
The key skills you’ll gain in this self-paced journey include:
- Navigate in BI Launch Pad.
- View and interact with a Web Intelligence document.
- Build queries with new data sources.
- Explore your data in the new Data mode.
- Design and format documents for advanced data analysis.
- Improve document’s data model through object properties, variables and formulas.
Explore each of this journey’s units by reading brief explanations of concepts, often enhanced with informative graphics, watching short videos.
Then test your newly acquired knowledge at the end of each unit by answering a few questions.
So, what are you waiting for? Sign up today and join our new learning journey on Learning.sap.com Exploring differences between SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence 4.3 and 4.2.
Fill the gap through upskilling and enjoy SAP’s learning offerings on the SAP Learning site. This article is created and brought to you by SAP Product Learning CoE experts!
Written by Frederic Bonta