SAP BTP ABAP Environment – Migration of Service Plan 16_abap_64_db
SAP BTP ABAP Environment (aka Steampunk) supports two Cloud Foundry service plans for ABAP systems:
- standard for normal development, test, and productive systems
- saas_oem for systems to provide multitenancy SaaS applications
In the early days of Steampunk, service plan 16_abap_64_db was also offered as a predecessor of service plan standard (see blog post Flexible Sizing Options for ABAP Environment).
However, using service plan 16_abap_64_db for new ABAP systems is not supported anymore.
We ask you to change older service instances from service plan 16_abap_64_db to standard.
Otherwise, the following planned features will not be supported for the respective ABAP systems:
- Static sizing of the number of ABAP compute units (ACUs), HANA compute units (HCUs), and the additional disk size in the SAP BTP Cockpit.
- Stop & Start of ABAP systems in the Landscape Portal.
- Dynamic elasticity.
Changing the service plan from 16_abap_64_db to standard does not change any existing functionality. It does not change the size of the system (number of ACUs and HCUs) and it does not lead to a system disruption or downtime. The adoption is required for all types of systems having the outdated service plan: for development and non-development systems.
How to migrate from service plan 16_abap_64_db to standard
How to find service instances with service plan 16_abap_64_db
Logon to the SAP BTP Cockpit, navigate to all respective subaccounts and select Instances and Subscriptions in the left navigation bar. Choose ABAP environment in the dropdown box to filter the instances. Take a look into tab Instances – all entries in the table with 16_abap_64_db in column Plan need to be migrated.
Make sure to have sufficient authorizations to update service instances in the BTP Cockpit:
- Org Member in the Cloud Foundry section of the subaccount
- Role Space Developer in the Cloud Foundry Space of the subaccount
1) Select the service instance and open the Update popup
Perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the respective subaccount
- Select Instances and Subscriptions
- Select service ABAP environment as filter
- Press Update for each service instance with Plan 16_abap_64_db
2) Change the service plan to standard
Change the value for field Plan in the dropdown box to standard:
3) Update the service instance
Finish the change by pressing the button Update Instance:
The migration from the outdated service plan 16_abap_64_db to the standard plan is a necessary step to unlock new features. This migration cannot be performed centrally by SAP and is the responsibility of the customers.