Transformation to SAP S/4HANA for Warehouse and Transportation Management
How do you transform Warehouse and Transportation Management processes to SAP S/4HANA in the most efficient way? What are deployment options, solution versions, instance strategies and further aspects to consider while planning the transformation and roll-out of SAP S/4HANA?
The mission of Premium Engagement Service delivery is to help our customers answering these questions in the context of their project and program planning.
While in many engagements we start by providing information on latest product innovations, roadmap topics and highlighting key-solution features (e.g. Advanced Shipping and Receiving), we also help customers finding the right target solution architecture and deployment option (see picture below) taking into account factors such as operation costs and efforts as well functional restrictions and differences. important for the specific transformation project.
Premium Hub Center of Expertise (CoE) has developed a service portfolio helping our SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) and SAP Transportation Management (TM) customers to plan, simulate and perform their greenfield or selective data transformation projects.
A highlight of our service offering is supporting our customers in selective data transformation projects helping them to get to SAP S/4HANA incl. historical data migration. Typically, the following activities are performed:
- Workshops discussing mandatory steps to migrate your current solution to SAP S/4HANA and plan the migration project (see picture 2 – EWM Migration Process Overview)
- Custom-code compatibility analysis to analyse adaptation requirement towards changed SAP S/4HANA data model
- Proof of concepts together with our SAP Data Migration and Landscape Transformation (DMLT) colleagues to verify feasibility of migration approach
With this methodology Premium Engagement proved multiple times that a transformation to SAP S/4HANA is possible with small to no change-impact for business users.
Premium Engagement allows efficient and on-the-spot customer engagement with a service centric focus tailored to the customer’s need. If you would like to learn more about the service portfolio we highly recommend you to check out the following SAP Blog posts introducing our services and how they can help our customers move to SAP S/4HANA EWM or SAP S74 HANA TM solutions:
- SAP Premium Engagement Forum ‘SAP EWM Roadmap and Transformation’ (Virtual, March 29, 2023)
- SAP Premium Engagement Session – SAP Transportation Management – Roadmap and Transformation (Virtual, June 15, 2023)
If you already are a Premium Engagement customer, contact your Technical Quality Manager (TQM) to discuss your requirements and needs and how Premium Engagement Service can help you with a tailored and efficient service portfolio to make your transformation a success!
Learn more about SAP Premium Engagement and how a global team of experts can help you to get the most out of your SAP solutions.