Graph: new in SAP Integration Suite
With the addition of the new Graph functionality, you can now, easily and securely, provide your integration and application developers with selective, abstracted access to your enterprise data via a single, easy-to-use API. The enterprise data is semantically connected in the form of a business data graph.
Out-of-the-box, you can create a business data graph of SAP-managed data, which includes 4500+ entities and 9000+ connections. Data objects from the business systems are projected as mirrored entities in the out-of-the-box business data graph. The data graph is also enriched with unified entities (abstracted and simplified entities), which are created for similar data objects found in more than one SAP system in the landscape. This provides the baseline for the out-of-the-box data graph. You can extend the business data graph by adding custom data sources or defining custom entities.
After the business data graph has been configured, it is accessible by a single and unified API, which supports powerful data graph query languages (OData v4 or GraphQL). Developers become more productive because, through the abstraction layer Graph provides, they are no longer exposed to the complexity of the landscape. The resulting application code can often be reduced by using single graph-navigating queries to replace programming logic or by querying custom entities composed of attributes from multiple source entities.
Enterprise IT : benefits & outcomes
- Carefully control which data is securely and selectively exposed to different apps
- Avoid unnecessary ETLs and replications for specific use cases
- Get out-of-the-box SAP support, 4500+ entities, 9000+ connections
- Create your own extended data models and enterprise graph
- Simplify handover – requires just one business data graph URL and credentials
- Deploy landscape-agnostic reusable apps
Developer : benefits & outcomes
- Enjoy one easy-to-use API with powerful data graph queries (OData v4 or GraphQL)
- Focus on the data you need, regardless of landscape complexity
- Experience one connected and consistent system data model
- Onboard quickly by exploring configured business data graphs using Graph Navigator in SAP API Business Hub Enterprise
- Use with low-code/no-code tool integration in SAP Build
- Be instantly more productive
How Graph complements API Management in SAP Integration Suite
APIs are business critical assets, which must be carefully managed. Using the API Management capability in SAP Integration Suite, this can be achieved in the following ways:
- Façade – create your own unified and harmonized API presence, using your own domain and branding
- Security – ensure API security, traffic protection and compliance
- Governance – discover and document all your APIs, manage API policy and lifecycle, offer developer services
- Insights – monitor with usage analytics, logs, events and triggers; use business insights to monetize your APIs
- Transforms – apply advanced header and payload modifications; use business data graphs and (3rd party) integrations
How to get started with Graph
After successfully completing a rigorous 6-month beta program with SAP customers and partners, the new Graph functionality has been released for general availability and is therefore suitable for productive usage. The Graph functionality can be enabled in existing SAP Integration Suite tenants as of July 10th, 2023 for any SAP BTP service plan for SAP Integration Suite where API Management is available. Regional availability follows a primarily on-demand approach. To see if Graph is available in your region, refer to SAP Note 3338820.
For more details about Graph, please refer to the following information: