CVI in S4/HANA
Today i am going to write a few details about CVI which is a functionality released as part of S4/HANA.
CVI stands for cutom vendor integration.
CVI has been brought up into picture so that same information of the employee like bank details, adress etc are not stored again in Vendor information or customer information tables in finance. This has been brought so that there is no redundancy of data.
As part of CVI SAP is using BP (business partner) of employee and using programs to connect vendor and customer information with the BP. The prigram also generates BUP010 employment role.
The only precondition for vendor or employee role to be generated are that the below infotypes should have data in SAP HCM.
- Infotype 0000 – Actions
- Infotype 0001 – Organization assignment
- Infotype 0002 – Personal data
- Infotype 0006 – Address (for vendor role)
- Infotype 0009 – Bank details (for vendor role)
Both Employee and Vendor role:
- Infotype 0105 Subtype 0010 (email)
- Infotype 0105 Subtype 0001(User ID)
SAP has given 2 programs which should be run for existing employee or new employee to generate the empoyee role .The programs are as below:
- /SHCM/RH_SYNC_BUPA_EMPL_SINGLE (Initial synchronization for existing employees)
- /SHCM/RH_SYNC_BUPA_FROM_EMPL (Background job to create/update/ synchronize employee Business partners daily)
SAP has also provided a program to be run to create vendor role which is as below:
- /SHCM/R_EMPL_HANDLE_BPROLES (creation of Vendor roles)
We can view the data after running of programs via BP tcode or the below program.
- /SHCM/R_EE_BP_RELATION_OVW (Displays the overall relationship of a single or a concurrent employment)
Hence in short i would say that SAP has come up with a solution to reduce a little data redundancy using CVI, Any more thoughts on CVI please do share.