Create Finance Validation Rule using GGB0 for FB60 Transaction
You are an SAP FICO Consultant on a project. The project client requires you to configure a validation in transaction code FB60, so that the text field is mandatory on the basic screen.
The SGTXT is a field available in line item, and to make vendor text mandatory we have to set it at the vendor line item.
How do we determine which is the vendor line item?
For vendor invoice posting, posting key 31 is called in the background, so let us use that.
Validation rule is required in this case.
- Execute Tcode GGB0 and define the Validation.
- Double click on Prerequisite.
- Double click on ABAP SYSTEM fields and choose desired transaction code (FB60…) and BSEG to update desired posting keys (31).
- Click on Check and choose BSEG-SGTEX
- Click on Message and update as Following
Let us now test the validation in transaction code FB60
Update the following and press enter
So there goes your validation message.