Restrictions on specific users to post the transaction in specific period in OB52
Business needs few Users were supposed to be allowed Post Transactions in Current as well as Previous Period also and rest of the Users are allowed to Post Transactions in Current Posting Period only.
This requirement can be taken care with the help of Authorization Group and below mentioned important points and the detailed process is mentioned below along with Screen Shots.
1. Without Authorization Group Period Interval 1 is treated as Normal Posting Period, while with Authorization Group Period Interval 2 is treated as Normal posting period.
2. Without Authorization Group all Business Users could post in the period opened in the Period Interval 1 & 2
3. With Authorization Group, all users including users who are part of Authorization Group can post in the period opened in the interval 2.
4. Only users who are part of Authorization Group can post the period opened in Period Interval 1. 5. Posting Authorization can be restricted at Account type and account level. If no authorization group is assigned to particular account range then, generic user can post in all the periods opened in Period Interval 1 & 2.
Setting for Posting Period:
2. In User Authorization (PFCG) maintain this Authorization Object “F_BKPF_BUP”
3. In case Posting Period maintained in Period Interval 2 (From & To) needs to be allowed, then leave this Authorization Object “F_BKPF_BUP” as Blank (Without Value) in User Authorization (PFCG).
4. In case Posting Period maintained in Period Both Interval i.e. 1 and 2 (From & To) needs to be allowed, then Authorization Object “F_BKPF_BUP” must have Value as “0001” in User Authorization (PFCG).
5. Assigned this Authorization Object in TCode = OB52, as shown in below Screen Shot:
FINAL TESTING RESULT:
➢ Test User ID: FIUSER
➢ We don’t want User “FIUSER” to be allowed to Post in Period 1 & 2 of 2023:
o In this Case Leave Authorization Object “F_BKPF_BUP” in User Profile as Blank (without Value)
o This FIUSER is allowed to Post only in Period 3:
o Outcome: MAY 2023:
o Outcome: JUNE 2023:
End of Document:
Thanks to Pravin Hanmante Sir for Guidance.