SAP GUI – Transaction Code – SM37
last updated: 2023-07-05
The article explains the SAP GUI – TCODE (Transaction Code): SM37 usage in details.
- SAP Help Portal – SAP GUI for Windows
- SAP Community – SAP GUI – SAP GUI Family
- 147519 – Maintenance strategy / deadlines for SAP GUI for Windows / SAP GUI for Java
Transaction Code SM37 developed to overview the scheduled background jobs.
SM37 – CCMS -> Background Processing -> Jobs – Overview and Administration
Screen: Simple Job Selection
Initial screen where the required filters can be selected based on the actual need.
- Job Name – specific job name or job name with * character (e.g. JOB001 or JOB*)
- User Name – specific user name or user name with * character (e.g. USER001 or USER*)
- Job Status – based on the requirement, can be all status or only the specific one
- Job Start Condition – date and time condition
Screen: Job Overview
Job Overview screen shows the result of the filtered criteria. The screen shows the actual values of the filters. The result is colored so it is easy to check. Most important columns are ‘Status’ and ‘Duration’ which can give high level information if there is an issue.
Further information is available:
- Job log
- Job details
An example of other filter criteria, where only the ‘Canceled’ status is required.
Screen: Display Job …
Job informations like Job Name, Status, Job Frequency.
Screen: Job Log Entries for …
Log information belongs to the selected item. In case the execution is canceled there can be useful information to investigate why it was canceled.
When the job is canceled due to a runtime error, it can can be checked with transaction ST22 to find more about the error based on the available ‘Date’ and ‘Time’ information.
What blog posts can be helpful?
Other articles in this series
- SAP GUI – Transaction Code – SM21
- SAP GUI – Transaction Code – ST11
- SAP GUI – Transaction Code – ST12
- SAP GUI – Transaction Code – ST22
Do you have further questions?
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have question or observation regarding the article.
SAP Community for SAP GUI: https://community.sap.com/topics/gui
If you find any missing information belongs to the topic, please let me know. I am happy to add the new content. My intention is to maintain the content continuously to keep the info up-to-date.
|2023.07.05||First/initial Release of the SAP Blog Post documentation (Product Information).|