SAP ALM API & Integration: Status Events to Incidents
In this series of blog post, we cover different use-cases of integration between SAP Cloud ALM and external ALM services.
All Integration scenario of SAP Cloud ALM are based on the public APIs listed in the SAP Business Accelerator Hub.
Status events are managed by the business service management applications. Check the SAP support portal for more information.
When status events are created in SAP Cloud ALM, you would like to forward those events to an external ticketing system to create an incident or a case.
You want to react on cloud service events (disruption, degradation, maintenance, communication), which are communicated by SAP in the Cloud Availability Center or on your own events on cloud services and technical systems including on-premise systems not covered by SAP in the Cloud Availability Center.
- The target system API endpoint must be accessible from the SAP Cloud ALM BTP account with a BTP destination type which is supported by SAP Cloud ALM.
- The External System must support one of the following Authentication protocol described in the following documentation.
- Depending on the system type, you need either an access to the SAP Cloud ALM sub-account in BTP Cockpit with the role “Connectivity and Destination Administrator”, or an administration access to your SAP Cloud ALM Tenant to manage landscape entities.
- The external ticket system must support a compatible payload for REST operations with the following restrictions:
- Only one payload per REST operation.
- Mapping of Cloud ALM event situation payload to target payload must be achievable with attribute matching, placeholder expressions and switch expressions.
To implement this integration scenario, you need to complete the following Steps:
- Create a BTP destination to the third-party system or create a LMS entry for supported systems.
- Declare a web-hook in SAP Cloud ALM.
- Manage your payload transformation mapping.
- Declare a subscription in SAP Cloud ALM.
- Add an Event Processing Rules in your SAP Cloud ALM Intelligent Event Processing application
Step 1 to Step 4 are already explained in the following blog
Event Processing Rules Management
In your SAP Cloud ALM Intelligent Event Processing application, select the “Event Processing Rules” panel to create a new rule.
- In the event section, you can select the filters you want to apply for business services and status events.
- In the actions section, you need to select the SAP Cloud ALM subscription used to trigger the status events notification.
For disruption and degradation event the event status notification is created when an issue is detected
For maintenance events the event status notification is created when the maintenance event is announced.
An update status event is triggered whenever an existing status events is changed in SAP Cloud ALM or whenever SAP Cloud ALM receives a status update from SAP for Me.