Vendor Sub-Ranges Functionality
Vendor Sub-Ranges (VSRs) subdivide a vendor’s total product range according to a variety of criteria.
A vendor sub-range (VSR) can be breakdown of regions/product lines/locations/ whatever that we want to create for the individual vendor master record. For instance, even in the same plant we need a different vendor partnering setup because we have different (OA) vendors (order forms) for some products that we purchase from a vendor than for other products.
- You can specify which materials or articles belong to which VSR in the info records of the relevant vendor.
- You can also specify the sequential position of the material in the vendor sub-range, so that the items of a purchase order are sorted into the sequence in which your vendor expects them.
- Vendor sub-ranges can be set up for any vendor master record as well.
- With the help of Vendor sub range: you can maintain different purchasing data and payment terms etc…
- In addition to the purchasing data or partners that have been created for a purchasing organization, you can enter different data or partners in the vendor master record for each vendor sub-range, for example, different ordering addresses, terms of payment, or partner roles.
In Customizing for Logistics General, you can specify whether you wish to maintain VSRs in the Business partner.
Configuration: SPRO –> IMG –> Logistics General –> Business Partners –> Suppliers –> Control –> Define Account Group and Field Selection (Supplier)
T – Code: OMSG
Double click on the line item or select the line item and click on the details tab.
Activate Vendor Sub-Range relevant and Plant level relevant and click on the save button.
Create Business partner: (Transaction Code – BP)
To Create new Business Partner
- Click on the organization tab and enter the Grouping and BP Role and Enter the Required data like vendor name, postal Code, Address, City etc…, and click on the save button.
- Standard BP Role to Create Business Partner (Vendor)
000000 (General Data)
FLVN00 (Company Code Data)
FLVN01 (Purchasing Data)
After Maintaining the required data click on the Add purchasing Data as shown.
We can enter the number of plants we want.
Double click on the line item
To Add another Sub-range the process is same
Select the line item and Double click on it
Assign the Supplier Sub-Range in Purchasing Info Record (ME11)
Choose the Supplier Sub-Range
After Maintaining all the data click on the save button.
Purchasing info record 5300000163 9000 9001 Created.
Create the Purchase order: (ME21N)
- The supplier Sub-Range triggers automatically from Purchasing Info Record.
- Price Converted into INR
Automatically trigger Supplier subrange from Info record.
PO – Material created under the number 4000045.
Now post goods receipt in (MIGO)
GR with respect to Purchase order.
As we all know there are Suppliers who can supply internationally like 1 Supplier where headquarters in USA and branches in all other countries, here if they have many branches then there will be many conditions and many different values like.
E.g.: Different currency and payment terms, Incoterms and lead time
Whereas in vendor purchasing view we can maintain only 1 value but here as per country the currency and payment terms will change.
So here SAP we have option called vendor sub-range and this field helps to maintain different purchasing views for 1 vendor like 3-4 different currency, Payment terms and incoterms.
Hope this blogpost will be help full