UserID Update – Actions Needed to avoid/solve Impacts in Talent Modules (PMGM, CDP, SP, People Profile, RBP)
Customers who are using personal and/or confidential identifier in User ID and/or User Name fields and need to replace those fields with new values.
Note: CPF (Brazil) – The CPF is the registration of taxpayers maintained by the Brazilian Federal Revenue Service.
Below you will find possible impacts and actions needed in Talent Modules and Features.
CPF, this information is not characterized as sensitive personal data, however, its misuse can result in problems for the person.
The CPF allows the identification of the person, so the data collection and must be protected by the General Data Protection Law – GDPL.
For this reason, it should not be used as a User ID or Username within SAP SuccessFactors.
Any customer that uses CPF information or any other personal data that publicly identifies the person, they should update the information as soon as possible.
To understand what each SAP SuccessFactors ID is for, we recommend reading
Best practice recommendation is to use the same same values for UserID and User Name per employee.
The only possible solution to solve this problem is to generate new IDs for the employees already created in the system, regardless of the strategy of keeping the same instance or moving to a new instance.
There is no way to change the User ID of the employee, it is an identifier. Although changing the Use Name is allowed, it is not recommended to make the change because it can cause data inconsistency and integrations.
Therefore, the only way to update a User ID es creating a new User in the system (that means a new employee).
In this scenario – regardless of the instance strategy adopted – there will always be impacts to be treated in Talent Modules, mainly because of historical data.
Impacts in Performance and Goals Management (PMGM)
- Evaluate whether previous years’ goals should be stored for consultation. If yes, extract the information in reports and store in the local network.
- Having already captured the goals of the current year, it is necessary to generate a report with the goals so that they can be uploaded to the new IDs of the employees
- At the time of ID migration, it is recommended that there are no open forms.
- There is no way to migrate the forms between instances.
- PDFs should be generated from already completed forms – KBA 2087337 How to Create an Archive, Retrieve an Archive and Print Documents – BizX Platform
- All historical PDFs can be made available on the customer’s network
- Final Performance Appraisal Results (SysOverallPerformance, SysOverallPotential, SysOverallCompetency, SysOverallObjective) can be uploaded directly to the employee profile
- There is no way to migrate results that assess individual competencies, whether in PM form or 360 review.
- No way to load information about continuous performance management (activities, achievements, and feedback) from one instance to another
Impacts in Career Development Plan (CDP)
- Evaluate whether development goals from previous years should be stored for consultation. If so, extract the information in reports and store in the local network.
- You can generate a report with development goals so that they can be uploaded to new employee IDs
- No way to load mentoring program information, mentors, and mentees
Impacts in Succession Planning (SP)
- Successors of positions and talent pools must be backup before updating the IDs
- Once the IDs are updated, successors and talent pools can be loaded
- No way to load historical successor movements data
Impacts in People Profile
- Information in talent indicators and background elements of the employee profile should be downloaded
- After updating the Ids this information must be uploaded to the instance by linking to the new Id
- Badge functionality can be extracted in reports, but there is no way to import the information massively in an instance.
Impacts in Role Basic Permission (RBP)
- Because old Ids should be inactivated, permission groups that are nominal (static or dynamic) must be updated after the ID change.
Important: If the customer has other modules besides those mentioned, the impact must be evaluated.
Until the definitive solution is implemented, we recommend consulting the KBA “2713915 – Mask User ID in Employee Profile URL” so that the ID is not displayed in the URL.
Leave a comment to any questions and I will get back to you as soon as possible!