SAP Business Network for Logistics 2306 Release – What’s New?
Every month, we release new features in SAP Business Network for Logistics and provide a blog post to summarize the most exciting innovations.
With this blog, I would like to share the highlights of the 2306 release. It is intended for customers and partners, sales and presales colleagues who already have a detailed understanding of SAP Business Network for Logistics.
This month, there are many advances with regards to connectivity and integration topics. I will come to these later and would like to start with SAP Business Network Global Track and Trace.
SAP Business Network Global Track and Trace
Track parcels in the standard ‘Track Shipments’ application
It is through the project44 unified API that solution owners can now also track parcels.
This requires configuration first:
- Choose ‘Project 44 Inc. – Unified’ API in the ‘Discover Business Partner ‘ app (Please note parcel tracking with P44 requires an additional license.)
- Manage credentials in the ‘Configure Partner Connection’ and
- Create a new partner connection, selecting the service ‘shipment parcel tracking’
Once the configuration is completed, you will be able to track your parcels through the standard ‘Track Shipment’ application.
In the Shipment Detail view, the SCAC (Standard Carrier Alpha Code) will be included along with the parcel tracking number, the tracking timeline, and the map view. Please note that parcel tracking data points are provided as of business partner ability.
The Feature Scope Description for project44 Add-Ons and Configuration and Application Guide for project44 Add-Ons have been updated to incorporate this new functionality.
Sort events by ‘planned time’ and actual/planned time’
The sorting logic for events has been enhanced. In addition to ‘actual time’ and ‘planned sequence’, events can now be filtered by ‘planned time’ and ‘actual/planned time’. Now, solution owners can filter events based on actual reported time and in case there is no actual event reported, use the planned time for sorting.
SAP Business Network Freight Collaboration
Settlement: Additional filters in the ‘Manage Invoice’ application
In the ‘Manage Invoices’ app, a new filter attribute and worklist column for freight document has been introduced. You can filter the invoices based on the freight document ID and view the freight document details associated with the invoice on the worklist page.
Additional newly released features in SAP Business Network Freight Collaboration
This release includes several interesting features, that I would also like to draw your attention to:
- You can now receive notification in case of integration messages causing error
- Maintain value mapping for ‘Transportation Mode’ code list in ‘Assign Codes’ app
- Transportation service level has been added at the item level in the ‘Consumer API for Freight Subcontracting’ and can now be shared with the carrier
- New status ‘GATEIN-CANCELED’ enables the cancellation of gate logbooks by the shipper at any time in the gate operations process
SAP Business Network for Logistics: Connectivity and Integration
As mentioned earlier, the 2306 release provides a few features relevant across SAP Business Network for Logistics.
Retrieval of known host key in ‘System Connection’ application
In the ‘System Connection’ app our carriers have the possibility to maintain their SFTP configuration to send and receive files. To setup the connection, they have to provide authentication details, including the known host key, which has been difficult for many in the past.
Now, we can get the known host key with the click of a button that pings the SFTP server. This will make it easier for carriers to integrate with SAP Business Network for Logistics.
Advances in the ‘Manage Integration Log – Version 2’ application
While version two of ‘Manage Integration Log’ has so far only been available for SAP Business Network Freight Collaboration, it is now also available for SAP Business Network Global Track and Trace – and it comes with some major enhancements:
- Multiple events for the same tracked object can be reprocessed simultaneously. Earlier, only the latest event in a tracked object could be reprocessed.
- From within SAP Cloud ALM, you can now navigate to the integration logs for SAP Business Network for Logistics
- EDIFACT and ANSI document types are now supported
A full overview of the 2306 release can be found in the following link.
The above summarises the key innovations for 2306. We hope you enjoy the new capabilities. Thanks for reading the blog post and stay tuned!
To learn more about SAP Business Network for Logistics visit SAP – Business Network for Logistics.