SAP Build Process Automation integration with Chat GPT
How to Automate Customer Email Responses with SAP Build Process Automation, Chat GPT API, and Sales Order API in S/4 HANA.
How to Automate Customer Email Responses with SAP Build Process Automation, Chat GPT API and S/4HANA
In today’s fast-paced business world, it’s more important than ever for organizations to be able to provide customers with timely and accurate information. One way to do this is to automate the process of responding to customer emails.
SAP Build Process Automation (BPA), Chat GPT API, and Sales Order API are three powerful tools that can be used to automate customer email responses. BPA is a low-code/no-code platform that can be used to create and automate processes. Chat GPT API is a natural language processing API that can be used to extract information from text. Sales Order API is an SAP API that can be used to retrieve information about sales orders.
By combining these three technologies, you can create a process that automatically responds to customer emails. In this blog we will look at how customer will get the status of Sales Order leveraging Chat GPT API, SAP BPA, S4HANA
Here’s how it works: Diagram 1 shows the Automation Screen and Diagram 2 High level Design
- A customer sends an email to your company’s secure email address.
- BPA reads the email and extracts the PO using Chat GPT API
- Purchase order is then passed to Sales Order S/4 API:“API_SALES_ORDERS_SRV/A_SalesOrder$top=1&$filter=PurchaseOrderByCustomer eq<PONumber>&$select=SalesOrder,SoldToParty,PurchaseOrderByCustomer,OverallDeliveryStatus&$format=json“
- Sales Order API returns the status of the order in JSON format.
- BPA passes the JSON to Chat GPT AI to convert the response to the meaningful text.
BPA uses text and sends the email response to the customer.
- This process can be automated for all customer emails about POs and SOs. This will free up staff to focus on other tasks, and it will ensure that customers receive timely and accurate information about the status of their orders
It is quite important to safeguard the customer data and its integrity while designing the solution. please consider this point while designing the architecture.
SAP Build and Build Apps with low code no code approach and with pre-built templates is a way forward for hyper automation. In addition to the above capabilities of SAP Build Process Automation if we integrate it with Generative AI responsibly, I believe it could solve most of the real time business problems related to automation and accelerate the way towards digital transformation. This what I have tried to explore in the above blog.
I hope you found this blog post informative and helpful. Please share your feedback, it would be helpful to learn and explore more.
Thanks for taking your time & going through the blog.
Also please go through the community page and ask questions and read the other blogs by following the below links to keep the learning journey going.
– SAP Build Process Automation Topic Page : https://community.sap.com/topics/process-automation
Ask questions about SAP Build Process Automation: https://answers.sap.com/tags/696134d1-d791-44ba-9c1e-015db339e9a9
Read other SAP Build Process Automation blog posts: https://blogs.sap.com/tags/696134d1-d791-44ba-9c1e-015db339e9a9