SAP Build Process Automation with Business Rules Workaround
With the ongoing evolution of Business Rule Management, this service offering has gone through multiple cycles of transformation, to what we know the latest that this is now embedded as part of the SAP Build Process Automation (SPA).
As a result of the above limitation, we have a workaround which embeds the business rules as an object within a SAP Build Process.
- Create a dummy process within the lobby with API trigger;
- Define input for this dummy process;
- And Create a Decision within this process;
- Invoke the dummy workflow process, which inherently invoke the decision rule, by sending in the required inputs
- Finally, invoke the workflow instance context, to get the results of the decision table
2. Define Business Rule
4. Add a Decision into a process step (from processInput “investmentValue” we want to determine the approver)
5. Define Decision Table
6.Release and Deploy
7. Invoke dummy process from Postman
8. Get workflow instance context from Postman
Hope the above workaround for Business Rule management finds you well, in your future undertakings with your projects. Hopefully SAP will have a further updates if there are new approach of using Business Rule Management, without embedding as part of the business process.