SAP Integration Suite : Consuming Message Types in Message Mapping Flow Step
SAP Cloud Integration version 6.40.** comes with new feature, where in one can import MessageType objects from On Premise PI/PO ESR to SAP Cloud Integration. Message Type artifacts can be added as a Referenced Resource in the Integration flow and can further be used in the message mapping flow step.This blog describes how to create Message Type Reference in an Integration flow and further consume the message type reference in message mapping flow step.
This feature is available only in SAP Integration Suite standard and above service plans.
For details on using the MessageType artifact in re-usable Message Mapping artifact, refer to the following blog : SAP Integration Suite – Using MessageType artifact to create Message Mapping in Cloud Integration
Message Type artifacts should be already imported in the SAP Cloud Integration workspace.Please refer to the following blog : SAP Integration Suite – Import PI/PO DataType and MessageType objects into SAP Cloud Integration
Referencing MessageType in a Integration flow
1. Create a new Integration Flow in a Integration Package or open an existing Integration Flow and switch to edit mode
2. In the property sheet of the integration flow, open Resources View
3. Select References tab and select Add References –>Message Type.
4. In the dialog that opens,Select one or more integration packages.You see a list of available MessageType artifacts from the selected packages. By default you see a list of MessageType artifacts available in the current package. Select one or more records from the list.
5. Choose OK to create reference for the selected MessageType artifacts
Using MessageType Reference in Message Mapping flow step
1. Add a Message Mapping flow step and Create a new Message Mapping
2. MessageMapping editor opens.Click on Add Source Message and switch to Referenced Resources. A table with list of MessageType references(if any) added in the Resources tab of the iflow properties is displayed.
Note : Currently the Type is shown as “XSD” for the Message Type. This shall be corrected to reflect as Message Type
3. Select an entry. Repeat the same to Add Target Message and complete the definition of the message mapping.
4. Now an Integration flow with Message Mapping which is using a Message Type is created.Save and deploy the Integration flow and trigger the message as per your integration scenario
We plan to extend the Usage of MessageType reference in XML Validator flow step of an Integration Flow in the upcoming releases
SAP Cloud Integration – with version 6.40.** release – opens up the opportunities for you to bring your PI/PO re-usable message type objects into Cloud Integration and enrich your integration scenarios.