Implementing an SAP Security Baseline Dashboard – Expert Guided Implementation
Understanding your SAP security situation can be challenging and onerous… particularly when balancing ongoing operational activities and implementing new projects.
In a perfect world, security considerations would be embedded as part of the design and scope activities, but in reality, existing and legacy systems continue to require support and maintenance, even whilst transitioning to a new model of operation.
- How does your Security Team enforce the adherence of security requirements across the landscape?
- How are security gaps identified?
- How do you measure effective remediation of security deficiencies?
What is an SAP Security Baseline?
An SAP Security Baseline is the minimum recommended security requirements to be maintained for all SAP systems in your organization (regardless of any risk assessments). They are general best practices and apply to all systems (regardless of their security level) as signed off by top management to cascade from the corporate IT Policy.
- Do you already have a corporate SAP Baseline defined and used?
- Or… does it exist dispersed in many different policies and security guides, differing from system to system?
This EGI covers the SAP Security Baseline Template and demonstrates how it can be used to develop and structure an organization-specific SAP Security Baseline. It is pre-filled with relevant requirements and corresponding concrete values as recommended by SAP and offers a foundation or enhancement to your corporate SAP Security Baseline.
What is an Expert Guided Implementation?
An Expert-Guided Implementation (EGI) is a delivery methodology from SAP that balances and blends virtual classroom training with practical hands-on experience. An expert, such as myself, delivers these sessions and is available for questions and guidance throughout, making the empowerment experience effective and meaningful.
How is an EGI different from standard training offered by SAP?
An EGI is a multi-day workshop with each day beginning with a 1-2 hour virtual Empowerment session where the instructor explains and shows the activities that need to be done. Each afternoon, the participants execute the demonstrated steps within their own project environment putting the theory immediately into practice. Each day builds upon the previous day and by the end of the course you will have a working system or feature. Throughout the EGI, the participants have direct access to the trainer as an Expert-on-Demand to support them remotely as necessary. It is this combination that makes the EGI so special.
Who should do this EGI?
This 5-day EGI suits security management, governance, and technical basis teams – as collaboration is key to building a thorough baseline and correlating dashboards (*).
* For multiple participants from the same customer, it is best if attendance is coordinated for the same session delivery date to remove any complications in the implementation or configuration of the service.
When should I attend this Expert-Guided Implementation?
This EGI offering is relevant at all stages of your SAP solution management – from Discovery through to Run phases.
The SAP Security Baseline template continues to evolve reflecting updates in SAP Best Practice.
The features and capabilities of the SAP Focused Run and SAP Cloud ALM continue to be developed.
Hence, this EGI will grow to take these new innovations. Participating in this EGI again in the future is a great way to stay aware of fresh content and latest resources.
*** So now is a good time to attend this EGI! ***
What do you gain from this EGI?
This EGI will reduce the time required to upskill in dashboard configurations and benefit from the experience of those that have done it before. You gain:
- Clear understanding of SAP Security Baseline Best Practices with technical representation of rules for automated reporting of managed system landscape compliance.
- Understand the capabilities and definitions of starter dashboards in each respective ALM platform.
- Comparison of system functionality in validating rules and creating dashboards across SAP ALM platforms.
- Empowerment to implement, adapt and evolve content fitting for corporate requirements going forward.
- Further value: by integrating checks into project GoLives, ongoing operations, preparations for security audits, and patch management activities provides greater security insight and control.
The pre-requisites differ based on the SAP ALM platform being used, and each of the scenarios is reviewed.
We also cover where to get existing content reflecting SAP Best Practice so you can start using the functionality promptly, in addition to highlighting the key resources to sustain you on your journey going forwards.
What topics will be covered in this EGI?
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5|
• Introduction to SAP Secure Operations Map
• Introduction of SAP Security Baseline Template.
• SAP expert explains preparation steps and show the fulfilment of prerequisites in SAP SolMan and in SAP FRUN.
• Stakeholder and maintenance considerations for evolving security baseline into the future.
• Understanding of data quality in the CCDB, with overview of key Configuration Stores.
•Accelerated start: Import rules
• In SAP Solution Manager:
• Defining rules from scratch in Configuration Validation.
• Reporting templates & simple reporting UI
• Trend Analysis
• Email reports
• Creating a sample Security Dashboard in SAP Solution Manager:
• Dashboard Builder
• Focused Insights
• Demos to compare & contrast applications
• Segregation and Authorization Concept
• Integration to System Monitoring & Alerting overview.
• Overview of validating SAP Security Baseline using SAP FRUN (and roadmap):
• Defining xml policies in CSA.
• Scheduling execution.
• Sample OCC dashboard elements
• CSA in SAP Cloud ALM (roadmap as available)
So, how can you register for this EGI?
The Expert-Guided implementation (EGI) is powered by SAP Enterprise Support Academy and registration is via the SAP Learning Hub. Simply search the Learning Content for “Implementing an SAP Security Baseline Dashboard” or “SUP_EDE_0010_0123” to find the schedule of events in your region. It’s as simple as 1-2-3!
- Note: Before you can access the link above, a one-time registration in SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support, is required. A detailed step-by step guide to registration can be found here.
- Note: Access to the ‘SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support’ is included in SAP Enterprise Support and SAP Enterprise Support, Cloud Edition, as well as in SAP Product Support for Large Enterprises (PSLE), see Program Entitlement.
For further information on SAP security-related Expert Guided Implementations and other topics view the full portfolio here > Complete Portfolio.
Also see see blog: Expert-Guided Implementation (EGI) – The practical training option
- Click here to register for SAP Enterprise Support Value Maps.
- See blog: https://blogs.sap.com/2022/10/25/get-more-from-our-reimagined-sap-enterprise-support-value-map-for-security/
If you have any further questions or comments on the contents of this EGI, please feel free to post them in the section below and I hope to see you soon in one of our sessions.
In the meantime, stay safe, stay secure!