Display Group Journal Entries with Reporting Logic
Display Group Journal Entry with Reporting Logic app is now optimized for performance and memory consumptions. In this blog, we will have a detailed look about the recent enhancements.
What would be part of SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release 2302.4?
We have introduced the following new tabs:
- Group Journal Entries: The Journal entries reflects the records from Group reporting only (ACDOCU table).
- Merged Journal Entries: The Journal entries reflects both group reporting and accounting records (ACDOCU and ACDOCA).
How does the drill through / navigation work?
You can jump from Group Data Analysis and Group Financial statements – Review Booklet app to Display Group Journal Entry with reporting logic app. The default tab will always be “Group Journal Entries”.
From the tab “Group Journal Entries” you will be able to navigate to Display Group Journal entry without reporting logic app. On clicking the Document Number, the “Document Number” is passed as the navigation context. However, on clicking the Line (Posting) Item both the Document Number and Line (Posting) Item are passed to the target.
The navigation / drill through of the new tabs is shown below:
What are the other options in this app?
There is a possibility to select the sequence of the columns as per your choice, as shown below:
You can also group the fields and display it as per the selected groups:
What are the known Limitations?
- The default tab will always be “Group Journal Entries”.
- When you are performing a jump from Group Data Analysis, the fiscal year period needs to be single selection in the variable prompt. The range and multiple single selection will not work. However, after the jump you can change the selections (both range and multiple single selections). This limitation is only valid for the jump/navigation scenario and not while loading the app as a standalone execution.
- You will only be able to jump to Display Group Journal Entries app (without reporting logic) from the tab “Group Journal Entries”.
Please feel free to share your thoughts by commenting on this blog. Also, we can use this blog as a communication tool for any clarification that you require on this topic. You can also follow my profile for more content on analytical application for group reporting. I would recommend posting your questions by specifying the tag: “SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting”.