SAP Activate Analytics Workstream
SAP Activate is a methodology for implementing SAP solutions, including SAP S/4HANA Cloud. The methodology provides a clear roadmap for the implementation process, with a focus on delivering business value quickly and efficiently. One important component of the SAP Activate methodology is the Analytics workstream, which is designed to help organizations leverage the power of data and analytics in their SAP S/4HANA Cloud implementation.
The Analytics workstream is a critical component of the SAP Activate methodology, as it helps organizations to identify and prioritize their analytics requirements, and to design and implement the necessary analytics solutions. The workstream is based off of embedded analytics as well as any custom analytics which need to be considered for business processes to meet the needs and requirements of each organization.
How is the Analytics workstream structured?
At the moment, the Analytics workstream is divided into three phases: Prepare, Explore, and Realize. Each phase is designed to help organizations to achieve specific goals and objectives, and to move closer to their overall analytics vision.
- The Prepare phase is the first phase of the Analytics workstream, and it is focused on understanding the enablement needed for the project team to prepare themselves for the project deployment. Learning is key and crucial to ensure a smooth understanding of the resources, tools, options, and analytics topic. Additionally, the fit-to-standard preparation occurs where the initial analytics list for SAP S/4HANA Cloud is created. Then, to close out the Prepare phase, the analytics approach and plan is explored. The project team develops the analytics approach and plan to ensure the alignment of the customer analytics journey.
- The Explore phase involves conducting a detailed analysis of the organization’s current analytics capabilities, as well as its data sources, data quality, and data governance policies. The goal of this phase is to identify any gaps or areas of improvement in the organization’s analytics capabilities from the fit-to-standard workshops. During these workshops, the standard pre-delivered scope items which SAP S/4HANA Cloud offers are aligned with business processes that are applicable to help reduce the complexity and customizations where necessary. If gaps are identified and cannot be aligned to the standard pre-delivered content, custom processes (customer-driven analytics) and scope is then created to meet the organizations needs. The goal is to ensure that the organization’s analytics solutions are aligned with its business requirements, and that they are delivering the expected business value.
- The Realize phase of the Analytics workstream focuses on analytics configuration in the Quality system according to the previously developed setup guides. The project team will configure the reports to the specifications determined in the Explore phase and execute the pre-delivered test scripts where applicable to ensure they are running as expected. Then, they will test and evaluate the analytic reports with the available data. After the analytics have been configured and successfully tested in the Quality system, they move to the Production system. This is where the reports are validated and verified.
What are the latest updates?
The Analytics workstream for SAP Activate, as it relates to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, has gone through a review and revamp of the content you see today. Through our many sprints, you may have noticed some updates in the workstream content. The workstream is going through a continuous review, so look out for additional updates as they are released.
Some of the latest updates include:
- New tasks in the Prepare phase: Self-Enable on My Fiori Apps Reference Library for Embedded Analytics, and Develop the Analytics Approach and Plan
- New supporting accelerators across the workstream including the new SAP Activate Analytics Strategy
- Review and update of all procedure steps and note(s) (where applicable) across the workstream
Let us know what you think by giving us feedback!
As mentioned, you will come to see additional Analytics workstream updates in the SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer across our many solutions through our sprint process. Feel free to share your feedback via our feedback tool in the SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer:
- Click the “Feedback” option on the left-hand side of the page
- Provide your feedback
- Click “Send”
We appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you and I hope you enjoy the updates made to the Analytics workstream!