SAP Integration Suite – Import PI/PO DataType and MessageType objects into SAP Cloud Integration
SAP Cloud Integration version 6.40.** comes with new feature, where in one can import Datatype and Messagetype objects from On Premise PI/PO ESR to SAP Cloud Integration.
This feature is available only in SAP Integration Suite standard and above service plans.
SAP Cloud Integration version 6.40. ** software update is planned on start/mid of Jun 2023 (date and time subjected to change).
1. Configuring Cloud Connector
The first step is to configure SAP Cloud Connector with on premise ES Repository. Cloud connector is an installable application that allows you to establish communication between on premise and cloud applications. To know more about SAP Cloud Connector, see https://help.sap.com/viewer/cca91383641e40ffbe03bdc78f00f681/Cloud/en-US/e6c7616abb5710148cfcf3e75d96d596.html
2. Configure Connection to ESR
Please refer to the following documentation for details on configuration of ESR system details in Cloud Integration Settings page.
Once the ES Repository configurations are completed, you can import the Datatype and MessagType resources from your ES Repository.
Importing DataType/MessageType Artifact :
Like any other artifact in SAP Cloud Integration, Datatype and MessageType artifacts can be created inside Integration package.
1. Create a new Integration Package or Open an existing Integration Package.
2. Click on Edit and switch to the Artifacts tab
3.Expand Add menu . Data Type and Message Type will be shown in the list depending on the Integration Suite Service Plan subscription of the tenant.
Figure 1: Add Menu with Data Type and MessageType
4. Select “Data Type” to import DataType or Select “Message Type” to import MessageType
5. A dialog “Add DataType” with ES Repository settings read from SAP Cloud Integration tenant Settings is opened.
Figure 2: Add Data Type Dialog
6. Click on Connect, once the connection is successful, you will see the list of DataTypes/MessageTypes available in the connected PO ESR system.
Figure 3: List of Data Types fetched from PO ESR system
8. A summary page listing the Datatype/Message Type with its dependants is shown. The information column details shall be as below:
- Creates artifact: Artifact is not present in the Cloud Integration workspace and will get created.
- Adds new version: A new version of the artifact will get created as the one that is getting imported from ESR is latest compared to the one that exists in Cloud Integration workspace. Applicable only for dependant datatype objects
- Skips; version already exists: Artifact of the same version (as in ESR) already exists in Cloud Integration workspace and hence will be skipped. Applicable only for Dependant datatypes
- Error; ID already exists: In case when artifact with same ID already exists. Applicable only for lead artifact(Datatype/MessageType that is selected for import)
Figure 5: Summary Page
9. On Click of “Add” , a status page listing all the artifacts with the import status is displayed. Click Ok and the Data Type/Message Type artifacts are now created and listed in the Artifacts tab
Figure 6: Status Page with Import Status
Figure 7 : Artifacts tab listing Data Type and Message Type objects
Viewing of Datatype and Messagetype Artifacts:
Click on the Datatype/Messagetype artifact to view it.
The artifact opens in an editor with three tabs Overview, Structure and XSD with Structure tab as the default one. Structure tab displays the tree table structure of the Datatype/Messagetype artifact.
Select a row in the tree table structure to view the details of the node
Usage of Message type to create Message Mapping artifacts and adding the Message type as a reference in an Integration flow and further consuming it in the Message Mapping flow step is explained in the following blog:
In the upcoming releases we plan to add the edit features for the Datatype and Messagetype artifact similar to that in SAP PO ES Repository , enable creation of Datatype and Messagetype artifacts in SAP Cloud Integration,Usage of MessageType in XML Validator flow step etc.
SAP Cloud Integration – with version 6.40.** release – opens up the opportunities for you to bring your PI/PO re-usable Datatype and Messagetype objects into Cloud Integration and enrich your integration scenarios.
Happy reading and see you in another interesting blog 🙂.