SAP Activate Methodology beyond SAP S/4HANA
As I was looking at the blogs in the SAP Active community, I found that the majority of the blogs on page 1 are specific to SAP S/4HANA. While expected since SAP S/4HANA is our flagship product, it is crucial to emphasize that SAP Activate is equally important for implementing all SAP solutions. In this blog, I will highlight the reasons why you should use SAP Activate to implement all your solutions.
Let’s begin by reviewing the SAP Activate methodology:
The SAP Activate graphic shows a simplified process that can used across several products. If this is still too complex, I will reduce it down to following:
- Start with standard processes and scenarios.
- Tailor the standard processes to improve the business fit.
- Migrate data and verify that the business requirements have been satisfied.
- Conduct user onboarding.
- Cutover and begin productive use of the system.
For more detailed information on SAP Activate, see the blog post SAP Activate in under 9 minutes.
The SAP Activate methodology can be used in parallel with all the software products being implemented, including non-SAP products. The benefits achieved are as follows:
Maximize efficiency and quality – SAP Activate has a proven track record for being fast and effective in implementing software.
Consistency of project management – No confusion necessary. The management team needs only one methodology.
Consistency of execution – The customer team members are only required to learn one methodology. Cross product team members will be using the same process for all products.
Alignment of milestones – The projects are planned together and aligned so that the common milestones are achieved at the right time.
Uniformity of communication – Project progress is reported in the same way across all product workstreams. Stakeholders can easily understand the common reporting language.
One common Agile sprint cycle – Parallel sprints to a common drumbeat and an aligned outcome.
The following roadmaps provide product specific guidance beyond SAP S/4HANA:
- SAP Activate Methodology for SAP SuccessFactors
- SAP Activate Methodology for SAP Ariba and SAP Fieldglass
- SAP Activate Methodology for SAP Cloud for Sustainable Enterprises
- SAP Activate for SAP Integrated Business Planning for Supply Chain
- SAP Activate Methodology for SAP Service Cloud Roadmap
- SAP Activate Methodology for SAP Datasphere
- SAP Activate Methodology for SAP Analytics Cloud
One general roadmap provides guidance that can be applied to any solution.
In summary, SAP Activate provides a structured approach that brings numerous benefits to all your implementations, regardless of whether you are implementing SAP S/4HANA, another SAP product, or a third-party application. By leveraging the power of SAP Activate, you are on a path to a successful implementation and a smoother project experience.
Thanks for reading!
Dan Ciecko / SAP Activate Team
Follow us via SAP Activate Community