Connect nonSAP Source System with SAC using Live Data Connection
However, given the current capability SAP Analytics cloud does not support live data connection from the non-SAP Sources though Import connection does support the same.
For our document and explanation purposes we would use the SQL database as a source to connect to SAC using Live Data Gateway a tool from APOS.
There is a Pre-Requisite document for installation and setup of Live Data gateway, link below. Please refer to that document first.
Ones the setup and installation is completed, the below document will be helpful as a step-by-step guide to connect to SQL using Live Data Connection from SAC using APOS Live Data Gateway a tool by APOS Similarly other non-SAP sources could be connected to SAC using Live data Connection using the tool.
The document is divided into 3 parts
- Source System SQL Views and Tables
- Connection setup in APOS live data gateway
- Using SAC to setup the connection with SQL
1.SQL Views and Tables will be available within SQL database to be used for reporting with the help of middleware APOS Live Data Gateway
Ones we have the visibility of SQL views and tables in the database folder that are to be used in SAC using Live Data Gateway. A connection needs to be set up first for the database
Database is the folder that holds tables and sql views.
2. WTC database folder is created in SQL this WTC database will hold tables and views in SQL and will be released to SAC for reporting.
3. Go to APOS Live Data Gateway Manager and click on Add, the arrow below shows the ADD, this will help setup a new connection based upon type of the source.
4. Click Add, the below screen appears
This has got 4 sections Connection. SSO Configuration Date Time and Extra Properties.
6. In our case we are using SQL data base thus we would select Database in the data source option
The another drop down with name connection database needs to be filled up with the type of database, in our case we are using SQL as source, thus we would use Microsoft SQL Server.
The list is big after drilling down connection database.
7. After selecting the Microsoft SQL Server. Enter Host Port and the database that we would like to use in the SQL database that holds tables and views.
9. Press Save after making the above settings and the below screen appears and the connection can be seen, a prefix SQL is added on its own to the connection name we gave.
The below connection highlighted in blue appears and click on Manage views as shows in arrow mark.
19. Go to the Modeler to create a model using Live data. Select the System Type, Connection and data source. In our case the System Type is SAP HANA, Connection is APOSTest4 and Datasource is WTC_Table
20. After selecting the data source the below screen appears during model creation.
21. Ones we select the model the story page can be seen using the model
This is how we can use the non-sap source with live data connection in SAC using APOS Live data gateway.
This is a step-by-step guide to help setup the connection and start building the story using non sap source systems in SAC using Live data connection.
Please share your feedback and thoughts and i will be happy to help incase of any queries or inputs you might have.
Also please follow so that you can get to read more of blogs published by me in future.
Keep learning and keep sharing by using various SAP channels
(https://community.sap.com/topics/cloud-analytics), post and answer questions (https://answers.sap.com/tags/67838200100800006884), and read other posts on the topic (https://blogs.sap.com/tags/67838200100800006884/