SAP Build Process Automation – Learning Content May 2023
This blog post will highlight some of the enablement content for the new release features and few other learning contents which were requested from the Community.
- New Learning Journey for SAP Build Process Automation
- SAP Document Management Service for Attachments in SAP Build Process Automation (SAP Build Store Sample Content)
- Process and approve your invoices with SAP Build Process Automation(SAP Discovery Center mission)
- Introducing New Screen Test Tester
1. New Learning journey for SAP Build Process Automation
We are happy to announce the release of the New Learning Journey for SAP Build Process Automation.
This learning journey will introduce you to all the important aspects of SAP Build Process Automation, from reusing existing content to building your own automations and processes.
After completing this learning journey, You will learn
- How to apply advanced process building features in SAP Build Process Automation.
- How to build automation from scratch, and leverage a rich desktop ecosystem in your automations.
- How to integrate SAP Build Process Automation with other applications.
- How to make use of existing SAP Build Process Automation content.
- How to configure end-user access via SAP Workzone (Standard edition) and SAP Task Center.
- How to build insightful Process Visibility scenarios with custom process performance indicators.
2. SAP Document Management Service for Attachments in SAP Build Process Automation
SAP Document Management Service provides the storage and access management of any files uploaded while SAP Build Process Automation maintains the relation between the process project, its files, and additional metadata.
Want to learn how to retrieve the documents uploaded in Forms and extract the data for further processing?
Refer to the SAP Build Store sample content Invoice Processing with Document Management Service which helps users to get started in automating a simple invoice approval process that includes the storage and retrieval of uploaded documents, extraction of data from documents, and approval steps required to approve the invoice.
The sample process includes the following:
- The sample request form to start the invoice processing and store the document in Document Management Service
- Automation (and respective data types) to retrieve the folder content from DMS and download the document locally
- Automation (and respective data types) to extract the data from an invoice
- An approval step to decide on approval or rejection of the invoice
- Confirmation and rejection forms to notify the requester about the decision.
3. SAP Discovery Center Mission – Process and approve your invoices with SAP Build Process Automation
Processing of invoices is often still distributed across different people, tools, and platforms. Since invoices are often received via PDFs or images, data needs to be extracted from those which is tedious work: a person needs to retrieve the data from the document and manually enter it into the target system. When it comes to processing many documents it becomes a huge challenge and requires a lot of time dedicated to this task. Also, manual matching is repetitive and error-prone.
The use case is to:
- Scan for invoice attachments received in Microsoft Outlook
- Apply AI capability to extract information from invoice documents using SAP Build Process Automation.
- Based on the document extraction accuracy score for each field of invoice manage SAP S/4HANA posting mode (Automatic or Manual) using Decisions.
- SAP Build Process Automation automatically posts extracted invoice info to SAP S/4HANA and also adds the invoice as an attachment
- Less accurate invoices (based on extraction accuracy score) are sent for manual processing by triggering an SAP Build Process Automation Approval flow with extracted information, where the human processor can approve and post invoice or Reject
Get started with the Mission now!
4. Introducing the new Screen Tester
The last release of SAP Build Process Automation introduces a new tool to help you while creating and running your automation: the Screen Tester!
Created to help you debug and troubleshoot your captures and automation better, the new Screen Tester will help you understand things that go wrong during the design and execution of your automation. Let’s take a tour and discover all it has to offer.
(Agent version used: 3.15.44)
Please find the summary of the features with all the links at a glance to kick-start your learning.
New Learning Journey for SAP Build Process Automation
SAP Document Management Service for Attachments in SAP Build Process Automation (SAP Build Store Sample Content)
Process and approve your invoices with SAP Build Process Automation(SAP Discovery Center mission)
Introducing New Screen Tester
For more information on SAP Build Process Automation, check out these sources:
- Exchange knowledge:SAP Community|Q&A |Blogs
- Try out the product for Free via the SAP BTP Free Tier: SAP Business Technology Platform | Free Tier & Trial Models
- Explore:SAP Product Page|Product Demo
- Learn more: SAPHelp Portal| SAP Learning Journey | SAP Developer Tutorials
- Follow us onLinkedIn,Twitter, and YouTube